“Exquisite”

Neighbourhood: Lagoa
Karlskrona
“Exquisite”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

In company with friends we had the 7 dish creation with wine selected by the sommeliers.

The overall impression is very good of the Olympe. Some of the dishes that we where served where outstanding, others actually fell short and together with a fairly week effort in selection of wines I was not blown away.

We started with drinks and I dont know how hard it can be to make a dry martini.
One in the company did not want wine. I guess if you go to a French restaurant you better be sure to be able to drink pressed grapes or stay at home. But the option was beer and a not realy any options there.

The dishes came in a very comfortable speed. The staff very helpful and English speaking.
The down part was the difference in some of the servings. On a a fish served with vanilla sauce received a fish drowned in vanilla which made it to be desert like wile my friend got a better balanced one and there fore much better.

The best was a pork that was so slow pulled that I think I could have eaten the same for a week without complaining.

The menu was informative and the price for 7 dishes was 300 R$, with the wine selection 390.
But the whole visit didn't stop at that...

• Visited February 2014

Zionsville
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Let the chef do the work. Degustation menu is as good as you will find in London, Paris or NY. Chef served us first three courses and was charming. Wine pairings were first rate. very clever use of molecular techniques without losing basics for cooking fish, scallops, and pork. Wonderful evening. Highly recommend.

• Visited March 2014
Kuwait
“your visit to Rio is not complete, if you did not try it”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Olympe is a French restaurant in Rio, although I am not a big fan of French cuisine, I found my experience worth sharing. The restaurant was one of the highlights of my trip to Rio and I can say that the tasting menu by far was one of the best experiences I have ever had in a restaurant.

The service however and despite their efforts to be exceptional, the language was a barrier for them to attend to our requirements. The restaurant management should consider having staff who speak English!

All in all, food was amazing, and the cocktails were really good!

• Visited April 2013
Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts
“Great place for a special ocasion!!”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

The restaurant is very clever and unique. I liked everything about that place. The atmosphere was very pleasant and the staff was really nice and on top of everything. Honestly, it was a very special night for me, so it would not take much to make me smile but this place is really really nice. The food was amazing, delicious, the wine was at a perfect temperature I can pretty much say that it was one of the best meals of my life. The presentation was perfect and the flavor breathtaking!!! The place is a bit pricy but it is worthy every penny. I would higly recomend this restaurant. Oh, I would certainly go back next time that I'm in rio!! Please don't miss it!!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Tetezinha171
Melbourne, Australia
“Amazing Food - Average Service”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

The food here is simply delicious and by far the best food we had during our three weeks in Brazil. Well presented, innovative and absolutely YUM! Having said that the restaurant is let down by the service and if time was spent training the front of house staff correctly this restaurant would be right up there. Still I would highly recommend people going to experience the food we have the creative menu selecting 4 courses and dessert. All courses, scallops, red snapper, pork and lamb shoulder were divine and the desserts were fantastic. Not cheap but worth it for the food! We don't speak Portuguese and unfortunately the staff didn't speak English (we are in Brazil) but we did get there in the end. I would happily recommend this restaurant just don't expect 5 star service.

• Visited January 2014