“Best Frazilian”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Lagoa
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

France meets Brazil in Rio.

Gourmet French food with a Brazilian twist.

This is not cheap but we can away feeling it was worth it.

Owner proprietor was in residence as came and spoke to all tables.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

If you are looking for fine dining in Rio look nowhere else. Excellent atmosphere, fantastic food and wine. Excellent and professional service. One of the best dinners I have had in years.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We are a party of 4 and went to Olympe with high expectations. These were fully meet because of the quality of the food (top quality presenation and quality of the ingredients) and the service. A place to eat in Rio if you do not have budget constrains.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I am nearly carioca, born in São Paulo, but moved to Rio when I was a baby and this is by far my favourite classy restaurant in Rio. Yes, it is expensive, be prepared!! But the food is amazing, the ambiance is chic and the service is extremely attentive, without making you feel weird!
I have been here a couple of times, either on a romantic dinner with my spouse, or with my family to celebrate birthdays and with groups of friends, and I was never dissapointed! The chef uses Brazilian flavours and adds a special twist to traditional recipes! Love it!

Reviewed 28 March 2014

In company with friends we had the 7 dish creation with wine selected by the sommeliers.

The overall impression is very good of the Olympe. Some of the dishes that we where served where outstanding, others actually fell short and together with a fairly week effort in selection of wines I was not blown away.

We started with drinks and I dont know how hard it can be to make a dry martini.
One in the company did not want wine. I guess if you go to a French restaurant you better be sure to be able to drink pressed grapes or stay at home. But the option was beer and a not realy any options there.

The dishes came in a very comfortable speed. The staff very helpful and English speaking.
The down part was the difference in some of the servings. On a a fish served with vanilla sauce received a fish drowned in vanilla which made it to be desert like wile my friend got a better balanced one and there fore much better.

The best was a pork that was so slow pulled that I think I could have eaten the same for a week without complaining.

The menu was informative and the price for 7 dishes was 300 R$, with the wine selection 390.
But the whole visit didn't stop at that...