“the one and only in Rio!”
Review of Olympe

Olympe
Ranked #25 of 13,663 Restaurants in Rio de Janeiro
Price range: US$60 - US$150
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Lagoa
Lisbon, Portugal
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“the one and only in Rio!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

super food and super service, we had the degustacao and was fabulous. It was the only gastro restaurant we found in rio, as everywhere else is really average.

• Visited June 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Check this place out”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

We had a great meal here. The ravioli starter was amazing as we all the mains we ordered. They were also very accommodating for the vegetarian we had on our table. Definitely worth a visit if you're in Rio

Visited June 2014
“Lovely place ”
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

It's was simple awesome!!! The waiters were friendly I really appreciate that!! The food was amazing and the chef really cool!! Price a little bit expensive but I don't care! Hahaha!! Good place!!!

1 Thank Felix F
Minas Gerais
“Unlucky me!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We were anxious to know this restaurant. You have to make reservations, it's always full. Well, we went there on a rainy friday night (I suppose that's why we found the places). Small place. About 10 tables. Nicely decorated, but not exceptional. We sat, they brought us a rustic bread, and some "biscoitos globo", typical salty biscuits ambulants sell in the beach!!!! Very poor, what a lack of imagination! They have two kinds of menus if you want to have a degustation night: Confiance (6 dishes, they choose) 390 reais per person with wine and Criação( 4 dishes you choose), 260 reais per person without the wine. We chose the Criação Menu. I wasn't lucky with my choices and found it rather boring. Foie gras a little bit too much well done, with a kind of toast that was burnt. Sweet and sour sauce. Then a shrimp risotto, that was good. Then a ate a caille, with sweet and sour sauce.Then I had a maigret de canard (too much well done again!) with a few endives, unrecognizable, and a sweet and sour passion reduction sauce. I was fed up with sweet and sour sauce! The portions were too big for a degustation. At the and of the course I couldn't eat . For dessert, the Crepe Passion which was very good, but again, very big. My son had a feuilleté de pommes completely forgettable. It was very expensive and I think it was not worthwile. Nothing was sensational, neither the atmosphere nor the food. Some waiters seemed to be beginners. The next 2 days, I had digestion problems. I won't be back again.

Visited May 2014
UK, London
“Food Couldn't have been better”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

All dishes we tried were excellent, cooked perfectly and with flavours that were simple and beautiful
The giant ravioli was simply amazing
I doubt there is better in Rio

Only criticisms would be
- Way too much Foie Gras on the menu
- The restaurant was ridiculously cold for some reason and the staff were slow to respond despite several diners complaining

• Visited May 2014