“Good, but price doesn't necessarily reflect quality”
Review of Olympe

Olympe
Ranked #76 of 13,751 Restaurants in Rio de Janeiro
Price range: US$60 - US$150
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Lagoa
Reviewed 12 October 2017

My wife and I had the seven course taster menu, which we agreed was very good, but to be frank, we didn't feel the food quite matched the price tag considering they were charging the same prices as many Michelin or even double Michelin starred restaurants in the UK. All in all we felt it was really nice, but not quite exceptional enough considering its reputation and the total bill.

Date of visit: October 2017
Write a reviewReviews (1,110)

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Sorry I have never been here before. Went for lunch on a Sunday afternoon. Had the 5 course tasting menu with pairing. It was not cheap but it was great. It is a beautiful space with attentive service. Interesting they keep the door locked between arrivals. The tasting menu was full of surprises. It started out with cream geese and vegetable dish followed by a soft egg under foam. Both were worthy. For the egg dish they served a beer, which I've never had in a wine pairing, it was perfect. The fish and pork dishes were really good. For dessert I had a passion fruit shuffle which I loved. The wines were spot on. I will be back.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 29 September 2017

I dined here on Wednesday and was very curious, because I had heard many good things about both chefs, who cooked that day and because I was "headhunting" for the company I work for.
Without any exception all food "nailed" it. The shrimps were exactly to the point and the pork melted in your mouth. The amuse bouche combo was a very innovative idea and the flavors combined very harmonic. All in all, the menu was smart and thought trough entirely, as well as perfectly prepared. I left as a very happy guest and was under the impression all the other guests that night did , too.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

We have eaten here vegetarian (with fish) and normal 7 course meal with wine. We really loved it. Almost everything was great. Only the lobster was not our taste. It was made with butter what to heavy for us was. Service was also very attentive. I really liked the swithc with the wine to a very nice beer. This was very refreshing and new for me. I never had this in a Dutch star restaurant but liked it a lot. The price was comparable to Dutch prices so relatively expensive for Brasil. Thanks for the great night.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

I was planning for a long time to be there.
Love to watch the Chef tv show and really like his cooking style.
My party ordered the five plates Menu Confiance. Although some plates better than others, it didn’t seems in harmony between themselves. None of them I disliked, but couldn’t say it was an incredible meal experience as I was expecting.
Again: good but definitely not marvelous.