“so beautiful” 5 of 5 bubbles

21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“so beautiful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

me and my husband make a dive to see colorful fishes and a morea, there was a bar in the middle of the see, you can see the corals and you go by a boat that you have to pay before you go.Tou can include a lunch.

Visited October 2011

Utila, Honduras
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“No diving, a quiet little place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

I went to Maracajau desperate to dive after three months on dry land, but now in March it was impossible. They only took me snorkeling close to the shore, where the water was about two meters deep. I´m not sure if they just didn´t want to take only one person out to the proper reef, or if it really wasn´t worth a visit, as they told me.

The snorkeling was 70 reals, but really not worth the money for me. It was geared for people who have never looked at fishes before, I recon. They fed the fish to get a few sergant majors to gather around, and had the tourists jump in with their live jackets... I still managed to have a good time by swimming a little farther from the floating dock, but they kept asking me to stay closer so that the boat traffic wouldn´t hit me, and I could only snorkel for two hours.

The town itself was dead at night. I got a super sweet room at the ocean for 50 reals / night, but only stayed for the one day, because there was absolutely nothing to do alone. Even the restaurants were closed at night. Could be a fine place for a couple of people who want to relax, but I´ve seen nicer places in Pipa for that.

I came in to the town by bus. I think it was uncomfortable 2,5-3 hours. Because the bus out goes only ones a day at 6am, I asked around and managed to get a ride out to Natal on one of the minivans doing beach rounds with tourists. That was pretty cool, because I got to see Punau too, which is a middle class resort on a pretty river.

Visited March 2012
2 Thank Essi T
Gramado
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“Not to spend more than four hours!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2011

We drove north on BR101 from Natal until we saw the sign indicating Maracajaú to the right of the road. A precarious but drivable secondary road, going through filds and dunes, took as to the village of Maracajaú with its small little houses and young guides who stop you all the way trying to sell their services or rides on motor buggies. Avoid them if you can, turn back from the village and return, via the dirty sandy road, to a place called Portal de Maracajaú. This is a mux of restaurant, club and beach resort where you can park your car under the shadow of a palm tree, swim in the nice and clean swimming pool that is built on a deck above the sea, have a spetacular view to the beach, hire an aqualung and check the fish and other sea animals. The resraurant is reasonable and the toiletes are very clean. Try a walk on the beach north from Portal, but mind the jeeps and motor buggies running fast on the sand with drunk tourists.

3 Thank Dutras
Sao Paulo, SP
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The best experience ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2010

If you go to Natal don´t forget to go to Maracajaú, where you get the boat and go few km inside the ocean to dive, it´s just wonderfull!!! You can also buy few pictures inside the water....plenty of colorfull fishes come around the boat and the corals and umbelievable beautiful... before you get the boat they stop in a aqua park, wich is nice but you don´t have to stay, cross it and wait for the boat in the beach wich is one of the most beautiful i´ve ever seen, and there you can hire a fun bike with 4 weels and enjoy the beautiful coast...!!!!!!!!

2 Thank Inamara Z
Paris
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Maracajau beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2009

A great spot for beginner or children, but if you are a professional diver this place will not meet your expectations. Snorkelling is totally recommended.
But the beache of Maracajau is just gorgeous and I could see some serious development along the cost, yet the village is still very remote which makes it very charming and tranquil.
I would like to return to Maracajau but not to dive, I just want to enjoy the beauty of this place, which is tryly magical.

5 Thank Valeria Z