“Lodge name ironic, like motel a side line”

and 1 more site!
Bull Moose Saloon and Lodge
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Alpine
denver
“Lodge name ironic, like motel a side line”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed 2 nights recently, first was quiet even though the bar just opposite motel. Electronic sign out from says 'Wecome Bikers' followed by 'Welcome families', within a few seconds it changed to dancers on Fri. and Sat. night. First night fine, minimal noise from the bar, just people playing pool, etc. Second night night was terrible, boom-boom-boom from the 2nd floor of the place, arrived back at room about 10 PM from all day spent in Jackson and theTetons. Very loud! I went upstairs wondering if this was a private party, 2 seconds from what I saw in window as I passed towards door was enough, the 'dancers' were definately there, as in gentlemen's club dancing. About 12:30 with continuous music, I ventered next door to the bar to complain about the music, was immediately presumed I meant about adjoiing motel room (walls are quite thin), to which I stated my concern was o'er the loud club music, bar is maybe 50' from motel. Woman directed the bartender to go upstairs, something about shutting 'him' down, windows were being closed as I walked back to room, music went down, but resumed again in less than hr. I went back into bar and bartender asked me what more did I want, that the windows were closed, to which I asked why was I paying $84 a night for inability to sleep? He told me that teh bar would be shutting down in like 20 minutes anyway, what was I complaining about when they had a business to run. When I asked wasn't the hotel considered part of business, he said mine wasn't appreciated and don't come back ever again.
Next day I asked breakfast coodinator if an owner or manager available, was told the manager would not answer phone as she had held the place down single-handed over winter, and was on her vacation, and that maybe the latest manager, 3 weeks tenure could help. I felt no resolution upon horizon, finished breakfast and walked dog. Came back in having seen a buinsess card by door, 'breakfast person' told me she had spoken with Jewels, who apparently texted back saying she was sorry, could she buy me dinner? My response was that I was checking out, breakfast lady said maybe upon my next trip. could only say I wouldn't be back feeling my business not appreciated.
I am about to call my credit card company to dispute charges, having been told the other night it would take a few days for charges to post, they offered would 3 way a call to the property. When I call back the dispute department, I don't even know to whom to direct their call. I emailed the property last night but have not heard back, just stating I wanted to review my stay and the poor employee attitude.

Room Tip: There are no tips, all rooms face the bar as was told by an employee so management can kepe an eye o...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
6 Thank jeepdogdad

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Joplin, Missouri
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We stayed during a business trip of two nights and had a blast. The Ritz it is not, but we were not expecting that. The rates are reasonable, the rooms very nice and had all we needed. The restaurant had unexpectedly great food. We'll plan another visit in our off time and when we can snowmobile! Very excited for that!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ghalphaman
Kaysville, Utah, United States
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We were out on our motorcycles through the weekend and grabbed this hotel for a couple of nights. It has a restaurant, bar and hotel. We were there during hunting season and the place was super fun if you like to have a party but if your looking for a quiet place to go for the weekend this is not the place.
We didn't sleep much because of the bar noise going on until 2 am so maybe we should have stayed up with them :)
The restaurant had really good food, bar had some awesome drinks. Not a place for children.

The area was absolutely beautiful and much cheaper than Jackson

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Slammyhagar

Travellers are raving about these Alpine hotels

Vernal, Utah
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Upon check in..they lost our reservation and sent us away. Only telling us that we could come back in the morning if we chose to speak with the owner to straighten it out. The man at the check in desk (which is in the bar) no clear signage to tell you where the front desk is. He could have cared less. He told my husband I don't know what you want me to do about it. He was more concerned about bar tending and entertaining the few people that were in there.So we stayed at a hotel across the street. Next morning we had family, to whom also had a room reserved at this establishment coming in, so we went and spoke with the owner. She said it was there and the man from in the evening was mistaken. They checked us in, as we walked the grounds we realized they had many vacancy's the evening before. We stayed for 4 days and never received maid service till the evening before we checked out. We stayed due to the over abundance of people in this little town and had received info that all of the hotels were booked for it, otherwise we would have moved on. Since we were in Wyoming and it was the 4th of July week we bought fire works and proceeded to let them off in a safe passage behind the hotel. Sparklers, smoke bombs, and so on. The cook in their restaurant came out and cussed my husband up 1 side and down the other. Only to later return and in a calm manner explain the rules-but never apologized. The 'manager', I think...as no one wore name tags or any kind of dress that would tell you they worked for the Bull Moose lodge, who stayed 2 rooms down from us told us that it was fine to do the small fireworks. They nicknamed my husband the "fire works" man, and addressed him as such. Apparently no one told the cook because he came out to us again and threatened my husband. This place is unprofessional on so many levels. I wouldn't stay here again if you paid me!

Room Tip: Go to the flying Saddle!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank ABrooke40
calif
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Our room had lots of small spots on the wall where the head board had been removed. We were
not bitten nor did we see and bugs. Based on this we would not stay again untill all traces of the
bed bugs were gone. The channel changer on the tv remote didn't work.We stayed there and had 2 rooms on the second floor in Feb 2013.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank hookup54calif
Reviewed 14 October 2012

We woke up COVERED in BED BUGS!!!!
3 rooms with an infestation of bed bugs and were were given a bottle of spray to spray our bags with, because they knew they had a problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012
5 Thank bvo5150
Fairview, Utah
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Myself and several colleagues also stayed the night of Sept. 4th in several different rooms at this hotel and overall, had a VERY disappointing experience, resulting in a bed bug infestation before we checked-out early the following day. We were exhausted after working and traveling a full day and were looking for a good night's rest when we arrived at the Bull Moose Lodge. As I settled into bed and turned out the lights, I suddenly felt itchy and as if something was crawling all over me. After getting very little sleep that night, I got up and showered. When gathering my belongings as I was walking out the door, I happened to glance at the bed and that is when I saw the pillow I had been using COVERED in BED BUGS! This was the first night of a long workweek of having to stay at other hotels, so being careful not to spread the bed bugs throughout Wyoming and Idaho, we took every precaution we could. I wish they would find a way to rid the bed bugs before continuing to book the rooms to other guests. I will NOT stay here in the future OR recommend the Bull Moose Lodge to anyone.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank Dustin E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alpine
Cabin Creek Inn
Wolf Den Log Cabin Motel & RV Park
Motel 6 Jackson
Motel 6 Jackson
#38 of 40 in Jackson

Been to Bull Moose Saloon and Lodge? Share your experiences!