“Great fun!”

Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Alpine
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great fun!”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

My husband and I went on a trail ride with Mark as our guide. He was personable, helpful and made us both feel at home. We spent the night in one of the tents at camp and enjoyed the good food and atmosphere. The next morning it was back in the saddle again for another trail ride. We had a great time and left feeling like we had made new friends. Be sure to ask Maverick to ride TeePee!

Visited September 2013

Lubbock, Texas
“Super ride with knockout views!”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

My husband and I took a full-day ride with our guide Maverick and his dog Dakota, who is like the goodwill ambassador for the entire outfit. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience. When I booked our trip several months in advance, Grant asked us a lot of questions to figure out our skill level to assign us the proper horses. I am a fairly novice rider and I was set up with the perfect horse that allowed me to feel very confident in the saddle while going up and down in elevation. We rode up to approximately 8000 feet through some gorgeous landscapes and had lunch by a little creek where we were joined by another JHO dog, Sackett. Maverick was a great guide--full of information about the local area, but plenty willing to just let us drink up the beauty of the area. We didn't see another soul for about six hours (exactly what we wanted) and I would definitely book with JHO and Maverick for another ride when we return to Grand Tetons!

Visited July 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Peaceful Wilderness Ride”
Reviewed 21 September 2012

My wife and I had the pleasure of a half day ride with Mark as our guide.
The drive to the base camp was an adventure in itself. Mark took us up the White Creek area to a nice waterfalls.
The mountain scenery was beautiful.
The horses were great and the ride was interesting.
We saw deer and heard elk bugling close by.
Mark provided lots of information but also let us enjoy the peaceful quietness of the ride.
If you want a ride in "the middle of nowhere " this would be it and hopefully Mark would be your guide.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank romintheworld
Kildare, Ireland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great day”
Reviewed 24 August 2012

We took a day ride option and rode for about 5 hours. It was just us, family of 4 and Mark our guide (and Saget his dog who made sure we were all ok).

This was a great day, thoroughly relaxing with great views. The horses had great temperment and very surefooted - very important for the return journey down the mountain. If you enjoy isolation, horses and fanatastic views then book with Jackson Hole Outfitters. This was one of our most memorable ride outs.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank pwr_stn
Boston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Heaven.”
Reviewed 15 August 2012

My husband and I booked a full day trip for our honeymoon and Grant was kind enough to take us out himself (just my husband and I). What an amazing day we had. Grant took us up a "trail" that had barely been used. The views were majestic and we were the only people around for miles. Though it was a 6 hour ride, it felt like 2---the two of us were in awe most of the time, quietly taking in the beauty around us. Grant was willing to answer any/all of our questions and he and his dog, Champ, were wonderful traveling companions. We felt like Grant went above and beyond to make the ride special for us, even taking pictures for us whenever we asked. Our only regret was that we forgot to take a picture with Grant and Champ at the end of our trip. :( Oh well, we'll have to save it for next time! We truly will never forget this ride---the waterfalls, the mountains, the open fields full of flowers, crossing the creeks, and just taking it all in. It was like nothing we've ever experienced (or probably ever will) and we felt quite lucky when we were done. We'd highly recommend it!

Visited July 2012