“A place that pleases the stomach and the eye.”

Yankee Doodles Cafe
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Alpine
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Returning from a trip to Yellowstone, we spent the night in Alpine, WY, a very small town near the Idaho border. Our motel manager referred us to Yankee Doodle for breakfast and it was a good referral.

The breakfasts the three of us had included delicious home make biscuits and gravy, crispy bacon and eggs cooked as we requested. In addition, the patriotic theme of the restaurant was great with many great iconic patriotic images, paintings, craft products, etc with great. It was nice to go in a place that seemed to remember the blessings of being an American.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We'd been backpacking for a week in the Wind River Range and were wanting a good meal that someone else cooked for us. Our usual spot in Alpine was between lunch and dinner and was closed so we wound up at Yankee Doodles. The service was friendly and helpful. We had burgers and all agreed that they were good, as were the fries. Bob had a slice of pie. He said that it was ok. Coffee was typical watery truck stop fare.
This is not a place for the left leaning, the femininist, or those who don't believe that guns are the most important possession a person can have. I'd not go back, just for that reason, but I can't complain about the food. And I'm sure that the place wins customers with its flag waving. (I'm a six year veteran and both my kids are in the military and I can handle a gun very well.)

1  Thank Mike L
Reviewed 31 August 2013

OK so maybe it's not for everybody but all the dishes in this place are great! The menu is varied and all very good. It takes a while just to take in all the decorations in the place so don't miss it.

2  Thank rky_mtn_biker
Reviewed 29 August 2013

the food was good and not too expensive. But if you like red, white and blue or if you are extremely patriotic, you will love this place.

1  Thank Linderlu
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We ate breakfast at Yankee Doodle's with our friends who are from Lebanon. They are curious about Americans' patriotism and this place was the perfect location to showcase that. They were taking pictures of every decoration in the restaurant! Our server was incredibly nice and such a down-to-earth local. Even when my 8-year-old dropped a plate and broke it, the staff was very attentive and helped him feel at ease. Food was typical American and my kids ate every bite. My veggie omelet definitely left much to be desired, but overall, everyone was satisfied with their meal. Pancakes were huge and I liked my husband's biscuits and gravy and hashbrowns. It is a good place to get a solid meal before running the river and is an attraction itself with all the Americana décor.

Been to Yankee Doodles Cafe? Share your experiences!