“Fantastic Horseback Ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rockin' M Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alpine
Rockin' M Ranch
Etna, Wyoming
“Fantastic Horseback Ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

My family and I have enjoyed several horseback rides at the Rockin' M. The guides have always been knowledgable, courteous and well spoken. The stock is gentle and very well cared for. The property and surround forest is stunning with abundant wild flowers and wildlife, panoramic views and the scenic Salt River. Jamie has always been thoughtful and thorough while booking our rides. Our family loves this adventure!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
North Andover, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

I would definitely return for a longer stay at the Rockin M Ranch. The owners, Jaime and Rob, were fantastic, cabins were large and clean, and the horse rides into the mountains were beautiful. The cabins had a kitchen and a gas grill on the porch. There is a fire pit for all to use and star gaze. The green is great for frisbee!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

I've spent lots of time in Star Valley and have taken a few guided fly fishing sessions on the Salt River with Rob in the past but this is the first time we have stayed at Rockin M. Rob and Jamie are the proprietors of this gem nestled hard up against the Salt River just south of Alpine Wyoming. We rented one of the couples cabins for 4 nights and had a hard timing packing up to leave on our last day. We were close enough to Jackson to make the easy 35 minute trip up the scenic Snake River Canyon to have lunch with friends and take a bike ride before returning for dinner. The cabins have full kitchens and a gas grill on the porch so it was easy to make a meal if we wanted to eat in. The nights get chilly but the gas fireplace was quick to warm the place when called into service. Sitting on the porch you could hear the sound of the river, interrupted occasionally by the cry of a hawk or the stirring of a nearby horse. At night the sky is like nothing I'd seen since growing up in a rural area. There's virtually no light pollution, giving the stars and Milky Way a chance to put on a dazzling show when the moon isn't stealing the stage.
We took a half day horseback trip to the top of an adjacent mountain and spotted sand hill cranes, a herd of elk and (almost) a moose. We'll take Rob's word for it since we missed it. The next day we took a guided half day fly fishing trip along the Salt -- also available through Rockin M. My wife kicked back in the stern of the drift boat while I flailed away in the bow. Thanks to some patient instruction, I managed to catch about 7 or 8 trout.

The cabins are spotless, attractive and easy to relax in. It's really a great place.

• Stayed August 2013
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

My annual family trip consisted this year of 9 people 7adults and 2kids. I chose these cabins based on tripadvisor reviews and availability and cost. They were fantastic everyone loved them and raved about how comfortable beautiful and cozy they were. We had a great time we fished, rode horses, grilled used the hottub and just hung around the porch making sure everyone knew we were the loud family and enjoyed visits from the owners sweet friendly dogs. We really loved our stay and wish it had been much longer 4nights is not nearly enough. I was so sad to leave. We were an hour away from the grand tetons and 2 hrs from Yellowstone it worked for us since I knew the distance and we all enjoyed the beautiful drive. I would say the only downside for some of our family members was the slow wifi. We were not there for technology so I didn't mind, they did have direct tv with premium channels so it was nice staying current on true blood. Over all this place is a must stay and we are talking about breaking our rule and repeating a destination it was so wonderful.

• Stayed August 2013
Moline, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

Rockin M' is the place we stay at while in Alpine. We usually spend 3 days there and have never been disappointed. Love the spacious clean cabins with rustic feel and plenty of room. Fishing with Rob is always a must for us, my husband has been fly fishing with Rob for many years. We often also do the horseback ride, this time it was a 4-hour ride with lunch and we all loved every second of it. The location of Rockin M' is great - very scenic and calm, love the mountains in the background and a pretty creek running throught the property. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Lovell, Maine, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

My wife and I celebrated our 35th anniversary this June. We planned to travel to the Grand Tetons but needed to stop as our flight took us to Salt Lake City. We drove 4.5 hrs to Alpine arriving at The Rockin M Ranch after midnight. Our cabin was waiting for us with a welcome sign out front. The fully supplied cabin was awesome. Very clean and welcoming. Rob and Jayme were great. Ty the "Wranger" took us on a wonderful horseback ride up in the mountains along the ranch. We will certainly recommend the ranch to anyone who travels to Wyoming. Although our accommodations in the Tetons were good we felt that we could of spent the whole time at the ranch. Thanks Rob and Jayme! Alan and Cyndi

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Alan B
Spring, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

I hesitated to write this - as I really dont want it to get too crowded I cant come back. Went there with my 10 year old son. We had a great time - the area is not crowded - close to the launch sites for rafting trip. If you stay in Jackson you have to drive almost all the way here to launch and then back. The fed park is right here in town and you rent a 4 wheeler and up the mountain you go- no group trip- go anywhere you want all day. The river is right out back for fishing - the view of the mountains are right there. The cabins are seperated so its quiet- nice landscaping and a hot tub right out your door. The only time we went to "way over crowded" Jackson was going to airport and back and Tetons. This place is great and worth the money. I looked at the other cabins while here- dont go there- they are packed in the back of a hotel and are nothing to look at. Went on horseback ride- this isnt like the ones where you walk some short trial- up the mountians - just great. cant say enough good- and if I were reading this i might think the owner did it - but i live in Texas and travel ALLOT and WY is just beautiful

Room Tip: any is good