This motel/cabin resort is just south of Jackson and the Tetons. It might be preferred if you'd rather be out of all the goings on in Jackson. There was a family reunion/anniversary event going on when we were there. The family having the event cooked out their own food and seemed to enjoy the facility. The number in this group did seem to cramp the enjoyment for the rest of the guests. We really could not sit there as the entire area was taken and it was a beautiful setting with waterfalls in a lovely patio dining area. We were there only one night, but we did go to the back of the resort and enjoyed the extensive grounds along the Snake River. Very peaceful. Also a special area set aside for dog relief was nice as we had our dog with us. We could see the new cabin block (it is really a row of connected cabins with private balconies or porches overlooking the river). We were in a dog room so I can't really say much for that accomodation. The rug under the air conditioning unit was water damaged and a bit pulled up. There was a jacuzzi set up in the bath that we did not use. Beds were comfortable.
The entire facility was very nice. The resort had a nice dining room where we had breakfast. There was a buffet that did not look particularly lavish for the price you would pay. Also it did not include juice and coffee which I thought odd, especially since you were paying. There is a gift shop and reasonably priced liquor store on the premises. You can take liquor bought in the store into the dining area for consumption. Overall a good choice on the way to the Tetons and possibly just a nice place to stay for exploring the park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This beautiful Alpine, Wyoming resort offers spectacular mountain views, a steakhouse serving Steak, Seafood and American food fare. During the summer months we have our famous all-you-can-eat salad bar. Our relaxing and peaceful setting and convenient access to a wide variety of outdoor activities makes us the perfect choice for your next memorable vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Ebookers, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Flying Saddle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flying Saddle Hotel Alpine
- Flying Saddle Alpine
- Flying Saddle Resort Alpine, Wyoming