Flying Saddle Resort
US$78
US$76
US$63
  • Pool
Hampton Inn Jackson Hole(Jackson)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$117
Pony Express Motel(Jackson)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$86
Hotels.com
Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole(Jackson)(Great Value!)
US$149
TripAdvisor
All reviewssnake riverjackson holeflying saddleliquor storemarble bathroomgrand tetonstennis courtsmain buildingstayed here for two nightsthe king size bednice indoor poolhot tubroom was largenice place to staywould stay againlong drivecoffee maker
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 June 2008

It is true this property is undergoing extreme renovation but it is looking beautiful to say the least. The new cabins and room look top notch and the restaurant is splendid. The food is to rave about. I have stayed here numerous times throughout the renovations and have never had any issues with their cleanliness or there staff. They have a quaint little lounge and fine dining atmosphere with a comfortable and relaxed feel. This hotel is a must visit in my opinion especially for anyone planning there stay after the new room open in July and once again I have never stayed at a hotel ever with such friendly staff

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank mobosit
Reviewed 13 May 2008

We enjoyed everything. The Resort is under construction on one half with new everything, and the river side was beautiful views of the Snake River. There were deer right out our back window of the room. We ate in the restaraunt and was speechless. My wife had the Chef's special and I had the Ribeye.... great choices for us.
The older rooms are large and clean, we actually took a tour with the resort manager of the new building with rooms, they are beautiful. The new indoor pool and cabins were under construction. He said they would be done in the summer, I can't remember what date.
Overall fabulous time, we look forward to going back soon.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelingthrooo
Reviewed 5 September 2007

Before booking this BW I also looked at other TripAdvisor members reviews about this place. Surprisingly, this place was either rated as very bad or very good. After spending a night at Best Western Flying Saddle I give this place 3.5 star rating and below I explain why. As always I add a few pictures to my review so fellow travelers have an idea what to expect from this lodging location.

We booked BW Flying Saddle in Alpine, WY for one night in the middle of the week as a final hotel location before leaving Yellowstone-Grand Teton area. We booked this place only a month in advance and all good location in Jackson, WY were already taken and ones left were over $300/night for mid-week.
BW Flying Saddle gave us a competitive rate of about $150. Alpine, WY is located just 35 miles south of Jackson, so we considered it as a fair deal. Well, upon arrival we found BW in Alpine a little bit outdated-looking especially outside for the price they were asking, but our room was clean and they had a new air conditioner installed in the room. We also had a whirlpool bath in the room for one person but bathtub did not looked new, so we skipped on using it. Why such a big price per night then? First - location, location and location...Flying Saddle is located on the bank of Snake river and the view is superb from the room and outside. They have a nice picnic table where you can watch wildlife drinking water from the river, sunset and just relax there. Our room was just next to walkway to the river, which added to a pleasant experience. Second - the restaurant, it is beautifully decorated, serves great food, including wild game (we ordered elk chops - it was delicious, so was salmon on the cedar plank).
These two things will let you forget for a moment for a slight mark up on the room rate. In the room itself it was very quite at night, despite close location to a major road. They have a satellite dish in the backyard, so Wi-FI internet was fast and trouble-free, too.

Since I already talked about good things in this place now lets turn to what makes me lower my rating to this place to just 3.5 stars. First, on the negative side is this hotel is sharing lobby with local liqueur shop, so a lot of weird people stopped by to buy some booze. Second, none of the vending machines were working on the day we arrived, just ate a few dollars of mine and did not give a single coke. And third, upon arrival the young girl clerk was neither rude nor friendly, she was just indifferent, she talked on the phone, then left a desk for a few minutes clearly seeing I was standing waiting to check in and after a while finally decided to check us in. Clearly a miss on a management side of this hotel (or maybe she just had a bad day). However, next morning it was more or less compensated by a much nicer lady on the morning shift, who helped us with continental breakfast and showed us directions. So I would take off couple of points on friendliness of the stuff. But, overall, our stay was good. We do recommend this place as a stop to or from Yellowstone-Teton area. And we would be staying there again just to enjoy the scenery around. I am adding picture to my review, enjoy!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gracious_Tiger
Reviewed 19 August 2007

This had to be the worst room on our entire trip. The air conditioner worked - sometimes but not well even then. The black out curtains were falling off the rods - the ceramic tile in the bathroom was not very clean in some spots. Don't even think about eating in the restaurant if you do not have a reservation. The hostess, Veronika, was rude and condescending - saying the only table available outside was in the 91 degree sun - and no shade. However, after we declined and went somewhere else- upon our return - only two tables were taken. I would not even think of staying in this motel again.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank MissEreno
flyingsaddle, Resort Manager at Flying Saddle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2007

I felt it only fair to respond to this review as we are very proud of our property and the many families that stay and create wonderful memories while on site. Sometimes, as with all properties there is a flaw in the system. Maybe an employee becomes tired or is planning on moving on and therefore the guest does not get treated as superb as they should. We strive to see these changes coming before the guest is caught in the middle of an employer and employee burnout.
As for our property we have a goal of becoming a destination resort and therefore we strive to make every memory count.

Since we bought the hotel out from Best Western we are investing millions in upgrades and expansion for the new facility. We understand the importance of even one night with us can make memories to last a lifetime.
During the stay reviewed we were at 100% occupancy, turning away 20 to 50 people a day. Our steakhouse serves hand cut Black Angus; an enormous fresh cut salad bar and homemade desserts. Therefore reservations are required during the peak seasons. As with this situation this guest did not have a reservation and we kindly offered to sit her party at the patio where there are flowing baskets of flowers and hummingbirds. The hostess whom she admonishes for being rude is only guilty of a small amount of language barrier as she is a foreign exchange student and this was her first time to the States.
I tried to make things right and have them come back or refund their money. Nothing seemed to help. I understand everyone uses these reviews to help guide their decisions, I say if you are not satisfied; I will give you a money back guarantee.

So give us a try and let us welcome and serve you in our home.

Warmest Regards,
Edward Miller
Resort Manager

Reviewed 28 March 2007

This motel has large, nicely appointed, clean rooms. Hugh bath with hydrojets (our hydrojet did not work and understand from motel clerk that only a few do). The rooms are older, but the hotel office and restaurant are new. The lobby and dining room are beautiful and inviting. We came to visit our daughter, son-in-law and their new baby who live in Alpine. I can tell you that we will stay here again.

It is clear that the new owners have some things to do to make this a top notch place to stay, but they are certainly off to a good start. Hot water runs out at peak times (early morning), hydrojets need to be fixed and heat lamps in our room caused lights to dim and failed to heat. These are maintenance problems due to age of the facility but are the only problems noted. If owners threw a few dollars towards these problems I could rate this location Excellent.

Staff was very nice and friendly. Cabins were not available off season. We will be back!

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple