“A beautiful place to stop on the way to Yellowstone” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Flying Saddle Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Alpine
London
“A beautiful place to stop on the way to Yellowstone”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

We weren't expecting to stay here on our trip to Yellowstone, but a delayed flight meant we needed a place to stay that evening. But I'm glad we did! The surroundings are beautiful, the rooms large, comfortable and quiet. The staff were warm and welcoming. Even with jet lag I had a great night's sleep here.

I can't comment on the features of the resort, but as a place to stay a night this is a great place!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Centennial, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

The "resort" is beautiful. The grounds are full of flowers & water features. It is an older motel, but that means larger rooms!! The restaurant was wonderful. The food was great & Curtis, our waiter, made us feel very welcome. It was nice not to have to load up the vehicle & go in search of a meal. The front desk was very helpful & quick to get us checked in & out. The only bummer, the cell service is sketchy at best. Otherwise, it was great & we will be back!!

Room Tip: Try to get around the main water feature -- it sounds so nice to fall asleep to running water!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We try to stay at this resort when we are in the area. The staff is very friendly, the rooms clean and pleasant. The restaurant is great. We were tired and came in early. They were able to find a room that was ready.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Anne B
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

We stayed here twice - the place has everything you need for a night stay. clean rooms, restaurant, area to walk, pool and jacuzzi. Staff is friendly. check in/check out was fast. You can get a breakfast for additional fee. Much cheaper area than Jackson - for the additional hour or so drive it was worth!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Curlies
Emmett, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is an older hotel in Alpine, Wyoming which has been refurbished in the last few years. This is a pet friendly hotel and extremely clean. We had a very relaxing stay. The staff was friendly and very helpful. We highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Twin Falls, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

I was on a very long drive home and needed a place that fit my budget. I did not plan things well and ended up that I would be in the Jacksonhole area (expensive) for the night. Yeah, not in my budget. I found this place on Priceline-it was $52 a night. I was not expecting much for that price but figured it was just for the night. Pulled up and was like "score!", the lodging is along a river with some very pretty views. Check in very easy and woman was friendly. Room was HUGH. I could have been practicing ballroom dancing in it. There is a double sink and the tub had jets-I did not get a chance to try the tub because the hot tub was amazing. The hot tub is inside (I wish it was outside but it's so nice I bet they would get people from town sneaking in), with lights making the water teal and so many powerful jets the tub was churning. The tiling was the cleanest I have see in a hot tub. They close it at 9 but at check in she said if someone is in they keep it open-I wandered over at 9:10, it was open, I left at 10:20 and on my own. They totally let me soak. You cannot access the back yard area from your room (I wish they had doors) but if you walk around to the back they have some chairs under trees to sit and enjoy the pelicans flying over the water etc. For the price this was an amazing deal. The restaurant needs better and local beer (local microbreweries abound in the area), but the service and food was excellent. It was prime rib night but I kept looking at the Mongolian beef special with house made kimchee. I asked and the girl said she had had at least one from each table order it and no complaints and she had eaten it the night before and it was good-so I got that. This was no psuedo-mongolian BBQ buffet style dish-the cook totally nailed it and I would love to try some of his other asian dishes. Warning-it was very hot-so I would not get this for kids. The hotel has a very extensive wine and beer shop and a cute gift shop full of crafts. There is a continental breakfast. It is basic-bagels, toast, cereal, yogurt (organic!), and fruit. It is a drive from Jackson which if that is what you are coming for it is a bit out of the way, but in driving through I would rather stay here than in Jackson and use the money I saved for something else.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank serval_girl
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed in a deluxe King room in the newer "tower/deluxe" section of the lodge and were given a first floor room in the back with the Snake river running behind it. Lovely. Stayed here 2 years ago during the "tourist" season, but since this stay was during the "off" season, we had the tower section all to ourselves.

A breakfast buffet had been included with our stay 2 years prior, but with this stay, it was a "continental" breakfast served in the lodge's main dining area.

The lodge is in a gorgeous setting, the rooms in the "deluxe" section are on a par with top-notch motels in any large city and every staff member we encountered was so pleasant and helpful. There is also a small gift shop with a delightful selection of items to choose from.

Would definitely return for a stay here again & highly recommend it.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alpine
Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole
Cowboy Village Resort
Cowboy Village Resort
#5 of 41 in Jackson
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,013 reviews

Been to Flying Saddle Resort? Share your experiences!