I stayed 3 nights at the FSR the second week of June. It was great value and not a long drive from Jackson (36 miles south, all on a nice highway running parallel to the Snake River). I was often the only guest around! A room on the second floor overlooked the Snake River (more narrow than I thought as it gets ready to enter Idaho), just past the parking lot. Mountains were just beyond that. I sat on the balcony and watched deer and elk on the sides of the river, and at night watched a fantastic storm with lightening!
Marina (dining room), Kim (reception), Nicole (front desk), Sessily (shop and "drive-thru" liquor store) and Eric all were super helpful. The summer staff of European students was all very friendly too! I arrived at nearly 11 PM and, although the lobby was closed, there were clear instructions and my key waiting for me in a secure location. The room was large and very clean. Parking very close to my room (straight down from my balcony).
The breakfast buffet was a little limited, but I likely arrived after the busload had eaten. Coffee was complimentary, which is what I really needed. Good French toast, etc. Dinner menu featured a good selection. If the dining room was busy, eating in the bar was an option too.
Grounds were spread out and nicely landscaped; tennis courts and pool were centrally located. Lots of flowers and birds. The only time it got noisy was when a busload of guests pulled in about 11PM and there was lots of loud chatter as they all made their way to their rooms. It quieted down quickly, and I never heard them leave in the morning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This beautiful Alpine, Wyoming resort offers spectacular mountain views, a steakhouse serving hand cut Black Angus beef, our famous all-you-can-eat salad bar, or relax in our western bar complete with saddle bar stools. Our relaxing and peaceful setting and convenient access to a wide variety of outdoor activities makes us the perfect choice for your next memorable vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Flying Saddle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flying Saddle Hotel Alpine
- Flying Saddle Alpine
- Flying Saddle Resort Alpine, Wyoming