This is a very nice hotel. The property has recently been redone. The pool and jacuzzi are great and there is also a tennis and volleyball court so I guess it meets the basic definition of a resort. But don't get too excited about the basketball. It is just a single hoop at one end of the tennis court placed high on the fence so that everytime you miss a shot you have to go all the way around to retrieve the ball which takes all the fun out of it. Also, due to it being on the tennis court you could not have guests play basketball AND tennis at the same time. The price was excellent for this expensive area (about $100) although you are really in the middle of nowhere. Jackson is about a 45 minute drive to the north. The views are a bit dissapointing. "Mountain view" really means view of the parking lot, poolhouse and/or road with some mountain the background. "River view" is nicer (no buildings) but it's not a rushing river. It's more of a static aqueduct, at least in August. The only real dissapointment was breakfast. The website implied full breakfast and when I called to ask a few other questions they confirmed that. When we got there it was nothing but toast and cereal. Not even some hard boiled eggs. The waitress told me they stopped full breakfast a week ago (apparently the day after I called). The front desk said she would pass my concern onto the mananger but I never heard a thing. The three of us were really looking forward to a nice breakfast and there's nowehere else in the area to go and we shouldn't have had to anyway. The price was still good for the area and so were the facilites/rooms but I did not appreciate the bait and switch at all and suggest management be a bit more responsible about keeping their commitments. Vacations are a long-awaited treat and people remember that stuff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This beautiful Alpine, Wyoming resort offers spectacular mountain views, a steakhouse serving hand cut Black Angus beef, our famous all-you-can-eat salad bar, or relax in our western bar complete with saddle bar stools. Our relaxing and peaceful setting and convenient access to a wide variety of outdoor activities makes us the perfect choice for your next memorable vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Flying Saddle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flying Saddle Hotel Alpine
- Flying Saddle Alpine
- Flying Saddle Resort Alpine, Wyoming