“Wish I could have liked it”

La Table D"Or Mediterranee
Ranked #4 of 440 Restaurants in Gramado
Price range: US$18 - US$36
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Sao Paulo, SP
“Wish I could have liked it”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

At first glance this place looks lovely however upon arrival we were seated in the "VIP" area which is a small room to the left of the entrance with three tables and a large flat screen Tv. Had we sat in the other room by the windows, I might have had a totally different experience. They had on a DVD of a music concert and the room was so small my husbands chair was knocked 8 times (we counted) and never an apology. It became a joke by the end and not something to make too big a deal of but really, 8 times? I am not a snobby restaurant reviewer but that room was just awful. The decor is a complete overload of black patterns and in a small space it was just too much. I also focused on that because I felt the food to be very average. We had some lovely meals in Gramado but unfortunately they weren't here. Outside of the chair being knocked though, the staff was very nice and always attentive. I do believe a 4 course meal was about R75 which is a great price and at least at the end of it we didn't feel "cheated" since as I said, the food was average. If you go, ask to sit in the larger room or in one of the two outside tables and perhaps you will have a better experience. I am sorry I just don't appreciate a TV dinner.

• Visited March 2014
10 Thank jdave54

Sao Paulo, SP
“Nice setting and service. Not inspired food”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Restaurant is located in a nice place with few tables, what makes for a cozy environment. Service is excellent at the point that the restaurant owner picks you up and takes you back to your hotel. Food is very well prepared but it does not surprise you. Good wine list with a sample of local wines. Take the opportunity to ask for a Brazilian wine from the region you are visiting. It makes for a better experience than having your dinner with a wine from other countries.

Visited September 2013
3 Thank Molnar71
Belo Horizonte, MG
“Very good stuff”
Reviewed 26 July 2012 via mobile

We had the 4 dishes menu, which was excellent and served by utmost professional waiters (calm, nice and quick) in a splendid atmosphere. Great wine selection and the food with 65 reais per menu absolutely fair if you compare to the other Gramado options. We spent 5 nights in Gramado and this was by far the best choice for a decent dinner.

4 Thank Larson0815
Porto Alegre, RS
“Choose by chance, could't be better”
Reviewed 1 June 2012 via mobile

I went ina grou of four without previous reservation. The maitre arranged a table in a side room. The service and the food was superb, there was no sommelier but we did harmonize our dinner with a wonderfull Malbec. I'll certainly go back but next time with a previous reservation.

Chapeco
“Excellent dishes, cool place and impeccable service!”
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Its a interesting place: a old house, beautifully decorated with cool furniture (I loved this contrast), with a impeccable service, and taste dishes! The chef is a incommum man because he has another job in the capital and move to Gramado only to organize this restaurant. This mix (good place and chef) became this local one of my favorite restaurants in Gramado! The price is a little bit high, but its a good choose for its quality. You can asking for a tasting menu because is good and it's cost-effectiveness. I recommend the cheese soufle (the chef have received a award for this).

• Visited April 2011