“It's OK apart from the paper thin walls”

Master Premium Royal
Ranked #48 of 78 Hotels in Porto Alegre
England
“It's OK apart from the paper thin walls”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I have stayed at some horrible hotels in Brazil on this trip and some fantastic ones. This one was OK. It is clean, the staff were keen and friendly and the food was fine. The rooms are quite small, it has a TV and a bath room but absolutely fine for a one night stay before a flight. My only moan was the paper thin walls. The couple above me were making quite a lot of noise and I finally lost it and told them to shut up. They did and all the other rooms gave a round of applause. Would I say here again. If just for one night yes.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Laura M, General Manager at Master Premium Royal, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Sr. Noworries,

We thank you for spending your time to post your comments about our services. The goal of the Master Hotéis is to provide the best service and offer the best accommodations during your stay with us.

Your feedback is really important for us, because we can take the necessary procedures to ensure that similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Thank you for choosing the Royal Palace Airport . We hope to see you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 7 November 2013

While there some improvements since my last stay here, this hotel is average. The first room I was sent to, the A/C blew out hot air, and when you turn on the bathroom light the fan in the bathroom goes on automatically and you are not able to turn the fan off with out turning off the light and the fan was NOISY ! Also, you could hear the person in the next room talking as if he was in your room, thin walls. Second room I sent to was better, A/C worked fine, seemed to not have as thin walls. BUT, again the bathroom fan is NOISY ! Rooms and bathrooms are Small, sort of "IBIS" style. Shower is really small, on the plus side everything worked ok. Bed was a double bed, pillows were not comfortable. In Brazil some hotels recently have changed their electric outlets to a 2 round prong like in Europe, HOWEVER there are NO USA type electric connectors like even most bathrooms have Everywhere ??? I went to the front desk to ask for an adaptor to recharge my cellphone, they said none were available, only "10" adaptors they say they have for the whole hotel, to go buy one at the hardware store, ridiculous !

Then at about 1:30AM my room phone rings, I am woken from a sound sleep and nobody on the other end. About 5 minutes later while I am about to fall asleep again I hear a knock on the door. I open it and it is a pizza delivery guy with a pizza, of course I had not ordered a pizza. The fact that the reception desk let this guy go up the elevator and knock on some ones door at 1:30AM, does not say much for hotel security or their intelligence. Needless to say what I said to the pizza delivery guy in my broken Portuguese, but it is not printable here. I could not get back to sleep for a long time, not good.

Breakfast typical but so-so quality, coffee really bad. There are really better hotel options in Porto Alegre.

Room Tip: Pick a room number ending in "2" like 902. Ask for high floor. Check the A/C-Heater immed...