“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Blumenau
Paris, France
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Centrally located, we stayed 2 nights at hotel Gloria and had a wonderful stayl. The rooms are clean, modern and large yet there is a traditional flair at their coffee house and in the loby. The staff is very friendly and the breakfast superb. Free wifi and parking are the ice on the cake! I would definitely recommend anyone to stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: I believe rooms 200 to 250 are the recently renovated rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ACM337

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Turkish first
Blumenau, Brazil
Reviewed 16 April 2013

This is an old style family run hotel but the bedrooms have all recently been renovated to a good standard. The location is good, most of the historical attractions are within walking distance. The hotel is famous for its buffet breakfast because the hotel also has a confeitaria so the choice of cakes is amazing (there is a good range of fruit and hot food also). The one down side for me was that every morning starting from around 4AM I was repeatedly woken by other guests leaving or just moving around. My room was at the very end of the corridor but sound proofing is very poor. German is spoken by the staff but no English as far as I am aware (I speak Portuguese).

Room Tip: Next time I would go for a suite so that I have an empty room to insulate me from the corridor noise...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Floripa, SC
Reviewed 1 April 2012

This is a very good hotel. Nice food, good service, great location and a fair price for what you get. The only drawback during our stay, was that our room, at the second floor, was facing a house and there was some noise, from people talking loud during the night. So if you can, ask for an upper floor.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms may face a house and might be noisy.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 24 January 2012

We stayed for just one short night as we arrived at dawn. Definetly not cheap (R$ 180) but we were given a very large room (actually it was a family room with a couple of additional beds).

The hotel is very traditional in the city, looks like old style but I guess in fact it's the "local german" style. Room has wood all around (as the whole hotel!), bathroom looks new and was actually very clean.

Breakfast is good but I thought it would be better since it's very famous in the region -- maybe I expected a "café colonial" instead of a breakfast. Anyway I've had better ones in Brazil. Parking is free.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mconstantino
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 25 December 2010

I had a keynote engagement in Blumenau in September and decided to bring my wife and three children (16, 13, and 9) along. My client arranged for us to stay at the Hotel Gloria and we were so very glad for that!

We found the staff very hospitable, service-oriented, and truly a joy to interact with. We were usually able to find someone who spoke English, when necessary. We had a suite that fit our needs just fine, and found the hotel in a very convenient location for my speaking engagement as well as family walks to the surrounding area.

The breakfast was truly memorable--you won't walk away hungry! Hotel Gloria was a very nice part of a "glorious" visit to this wonderful Brazilian town. We highly recommend it!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
auckland
Reviewed 12 September 2010

We - english speaking - with very limited other language - have just enjoyed our two nights stay. Blumenau is an interesting small town of German origin. They have a history of german and thst language is widely spoken.

We had no troubles with language. Christian, on the desk, spoke excellent English and smoothed our path. All staff were helpful and seemed to enjoy our attempts at Portugeese. The room was clean -and adequate and the breakfast (included) was one of the best we have had in our travels excellent with a wide variety of choice. Some problem if you wish to have an English tea. We bought our own tea bags to Brazil.

We walked thru the town and explored. Some very good museums pleanty of Germanic architecture,.

We enjoyed the experiance.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
USA
Reviewed 1 June 2010

Entering the lobby, I wondered whether I was still in Brazil. Everything reminded me of most small hotels in Germany. The staff was friendly and accomodating even though we didn't have a reservation. We had three twin beds in our room which was clean and comfortable with wood floors. The breakfast spread was amazing, and it was very convenient to have free internet. There were enough computers to make it so we rarely had to wait. Our triple room was $145 reais. The location was pretty convenient since there was a bus stop close by, and a lot of other things were within walking distance. One of the highlights for us in Blumenau was The Basement Pub located about a block and a half away. Don't miss it!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends