“Decadent place, but still the best view”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Frohsinn Restaurante - CLOSED

Frohsinn Restaurante
Sao Paulo, SP
“Decadent place, but still the best view”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

I've been going to Frohsinn once a year for the last 15 or 20 years.
Its location is fantastic, at the top of a hill, in the middle of the woods, with a beautiful view of downtown Blumenau and the Itajaí-Açu river.
The restaurant was built in German style (Fachwerk), and compared to the fake German buidlings downtown (as the Town Hall) it seems quite authentic, with lots of heavy wood on the floor and on the structure.
It was never a cheap place - actually, it always has been the place to impress your invitees. I guess that's why my family didn't go there very often.
They have many dishes on their menu, including seafood, but they are specialized in German dishes.
What I noticed was a clear decline in service and food quality. Delays and cold dishes are quite common in recent years. This complaint does not refer to this visit only, I see there's a trend. The service is not friendly and warm as one expects at most places in Brazil.
I went there just because the company invited me.
If it would be me paying, I would choose another option.

• Visited December 2010

Sao Paulo, SP
“comically bad service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

Frohsinn was recommended by our taxi driver after another restaurant was closed. It is a beautiful location, but as other reviewers have mentioned, the service is horrific and the food expensive. The restaurant was nearly empty (during Oktoberfest), yet it still took over 30 minutes and multiple requests to receive menus. After seeing the prices of the food, coupled with the terrible drink service, we decided to leave rather than risk testing their food service. On the upside, their expensive bread bowl is quite good.

• Visited October 2011
Wuppertal, Germany
“German restaurant”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2010

We visited this restaurant while in Santa Catarina. it was mentioned and / or recommended in three German travelguide books. I would recommend that all three take it out as soon as possible. I would not really expect to get German food in Brasil - this part is an adventure, however i do expect good food in Brazil. Up to now - even if we eat in a small market - the food has maybe been simple but always good - often phantastic. Not here. It was not good, some of the sausage tasted old... the food was cold, may choices not available. The service was overwhelmed - although the really huge restaurant was at most 20% full. Our friend actually felt ill after our expensive lunch.