“An excellent experience that could not be faulted!”

Costa Norte Ponta Das Canas Hotel Florianopolis
Ranked #4 of 97 Hotels in Florianopolis
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a wedding, and coming from Australia was unsure how I would cope with language and general requirements, I need not have worried. This hotel far exceeded my expectations, the staff were absolutely sensational, I thought I must have it wrong and it had to be 5 star! The treatment of all the guests was unbelievable, from the reception, restaurant, bar and housekeeping staff they were all genuinely friendly and professional, you only needed to ask and you would have it, if they did not have it then they would get it for you. They ran out of black tea at the breakfast buffet but one mention and within minutes they ran to the local store to supply the guests without fuss. I would absolutely recommend this as a place to visit for a quiet getaway. It was a beautiful location and if you wanted to be treated very special then this is the place to go!

Room Tip: The rooms facing the water are just lovely although they may be a little noisier in the summer as it...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Mary T

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Firstable sorry for my english. I'm an italian girl and I went in this hotel 3 years ago with my class. We have done a project with the school to visit brasilian cities influenced by Italy. I'm sorry but it's difficult for me to explain our project. Anyway we have done some stop-over and our last one was here in this hotel. It was really AMAZING !! No words .. Rooms were wonderful and really big. Near the see (sorry ocean :) ) and with beautiful pools. Good brasilian food and also staff.
I don't know if I'll have an other time the possibility to do a travel in Brasil, but I really really hope.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank trilly60
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed at the hotel for a wedding party. The hotel is really nice, and the scenery around is so beautiful. The rooms are comfortable, with air con, nice hot shower and soft towels. The staff were very helpful and friendly, the restaurant had delicious meals buffet style which included many vegetarian options. Our kids loved the indoor heated pool. There is also another pool outside, which unfortunately didn’t have a security gate (this is the only remark I have to make). I wish I was there now.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Poppi_MB
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I enjoyed a lot! Room, services, meal, staff, calm beach, location, surroundings, all is great. English is not a common knowledge here, but they try a lot to assist. One small issue is poor internet connection. The other thing is it's a bit noisy from time to time. But even though I would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Alina B
Reviewed 8 January 2014

This is one of the very best in that region of Floripa. The food was excellent. We stayed for 2 nights and the rate includes dinner. WOW! The dinner was delicious. I had trouble booking through Booking.com and also Decolar. They showed the rooms were totally booked, but I call the hotel directly and I was able to book the room. Apparently there was a wedding and the hotel reserved extra rooms to the wedding guests but they had some left over.

Room Tip: Try to get the one with sea view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Rooms not on oceanfront but lovely, hotel service a delight!.. Infrastructure great, restaurant, bar, beach, breakfast fabulous! Etc, really loved the place, the best one for us at Florianopolis. Really nice customer service, and lovely gardens.:........ ....... ....

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Andrea L
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Good, confortable, good view of the sea. The crew is well trained and they are always able to help with anything. I was there to a wedding at same place and the organization was terrific. I can easily plan to go back.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple