This hotel has an excellent price - quality relationship!
The location of the hotel is convenient for a stay in the city. But to go to the beaches, you will need to rent a car. There is a very good supermarket a few steps away and also several restaurants nearby. The 15th of November Square (Praça de XV de Novembro) is a short walk away, although the neighborhood is a bit shabby there. We were at the square on an early Sunday afternoon and there were drug addicts everywhere.
The hotel was nicely decorated, clean and everything seemed to work. We stayed in a triple room which was a bit small for three persons, but still quite enough for a 3-night stay.
I found the staff friendly. The check in and check out went without problems as did the service of the car park.
The cleaning service was effective and usually we came to a clean room after the breakfast.
I found the breakfast very good. The restaurant was very clean and nicely decorated. There were many healthy options and I really liked the home made yoghurt. We had to leave early on the last day, but were still able to serve ourselves to an almost complete breakfast buffet some 40mins before the official breakfast time.
We did not experience any trouble with the cable TV. The free wi-fi was not the best in the world, but it did work. In addition, there are two computers (free of charge) in the lobby for the clients.
Room for improvement:
- There is a surcharge of BRL17 per day for parking, which I found excessive.
- Somewhat poor sound isolation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hotel that provides guests with comfort, excellent customer service, and well-being, located in a privileged location of downtown Florianopolis. With 18 years of history, Porto da Ilha Hotel is constantly improving its facilities and services based on guest feedback. The efficient, attentive, always available staff is one of the hotel differentials. As well as being surrounded by the best restaurants, shops, shopping centers, bakeries, medical clinics, and pharmacies. The warm and contemporary decor of each room, combined with perfect lighting, provide those who come to our city, whether for work or leisure, a cozy ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Porto da Ilha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Porto Da Ilha Florianopolis, Brazil