Jurere Beach Village
Villas Jurere – Hotel Boutique(Jurere)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$162
US$56
  • Breakfast included
Hotel ibis Florianopolis(Florianopolis)(Great Value!)
US$45
  • Pool
US$69
Mercure
  • Pool
Hotel Sao Sebastiao da Praia(Campeche)
US$83
Hotel Geranius(Florianopolis)
US$86
TripAdvisor
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsfantastic locationhot tubswimming poolsmall kitchenhigh seasonsuitebalconyportuguese
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

One of the best options to stay in the area! Great onceanfront access, great pool area, two restaurants with good food, good curtesy freakfast and great staff service. Just the rooms need to some renovating, it's about time...

• Stayed: September 2012
JI Administraçã... H, Public Relations Manager at Jurere Beach Village, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Thanks a lot for your comment and for the compliments. We are always looking for the best for our costumers. We hope to receive you soon. You will are always welcome.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

This hotel is not the greatest but it did seem to be one of the nicest on this stretch of beach. I had a suite with a partial view of the beach...it was beautiful. The room itself was a little dirty and uncomfortable for me. The bathroom was especially disappointing --- could use some renovating. I wasn't expecting the best but a little better than what I got for the price. The closets did not work either, the doors were broken on them. The bed was extremely uncomfortable; but I made due with what I had. The front desk staff was very nice; a good portion spoke English which was very helpful. The breakfast was very decent and included. The dinner however was a little disappointing; I was slightly confused as to what was included and not included (There was a communication barrier between English and Portugese). The beach however can make up for some of these mishaps...you are right on the beach unlike a lot of the other hotels where you end up walking a little ways. The beach staff is very friendly; helpful with setting up chairs and umbrellas. The hotel could use some chairs that are more lounge chairs. The hotel is in decent walking distance to a selection of places -- -that is if you enjoy walking.
I did have one slight problem; I did have money go missing from my wallet during my stay there. It just so happened that the one time I left my purse there, the maid came in. I can't prove that she took it, but it was a very odd coincidence. At the end of the day, the hotel wouldn't do anything but tell me that their people are trustworthy and she wouldn't have done anything like that. I understand, but it was unfortunate that it had to happen.
Again in my opinion I don't think that the hotel is great, definitely not worth the price tag, but it's ok to stay at.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank MapleBean
JI Administraçã... H, Public Relations Manager at Jurere Beach Village, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2013

Thank you for you comment about our hotel and we are sorry about the missed money in your purse. This situation was in our maneger's hand that will provide solutions.
We be happy about the commets about our staff and structure and we wish to recieve you back soon. You will always welcome.

Reviewed 17 February 2013

It's been one year since our last stay at the Jurere Beach Village and there's no doubt that this hotel is just perfect for kids! The hotel is literally kissing the ocean -- a few steps to reach the beach. Kids can go back and forth between the beach and the pool. The food is so, so. Not bad, but far from a tasty experience. Try Toca de Jurere (for an excellent seafood)! The hotel (as we mentioned a year ago) needs to refurbish!! The rooms are in poor shape, floor and walls are old and mold... Bathrooms are very old and bathtubes are in pretty bad shape too! One last point: do not expect to check-in to your room before 4pm in the peak summer season! Just a few maids to do the work in too many rooms!

Room Tip: Try to get the rooms with views to the beach (not the pool) at the towers "Ilha do Frances" and "Ilha do Arvoredo"! Couples can stay in the Studios, but those with kids shall stay in the Suites!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
JI Administraçã... H, Public Relations Manager at Jurere Beach Village, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

Thank you for your testimony. We are very happy to hear that you had a good stay with us. Our beach and all its beauties will always look forward to receiving your family soon. We would like to say that the reform is already planned for this year and we hope to see you in one of theses new apartments in your new reservation. Thank you

Reviewed 11 December 2012

Hotel could be way better than it actually is.
In the common areas, it is easy to note that maintenance is needed on the walls and in some parts of the swimming pool.
I was really disappointed with my room. Furnitures are old and damaged, dirty, as well as the bathroom.
The bathroom looks miserable. Grubby and with stains in the bathtub. Even after clean it up it continues with that dirty looks.
Despite being in a non-smoking room, I could smell the smoke coming from another room.
Breakfast was another deception: poor selection of cheese, cold cuts, breads, and a terrible coffee.
Big advantage here is the beach just in front. There is a wooden path from the pool area straight to the beach sand.
I stayed only for a night (19 November) and as it was off-peak season I had no problems with children, something that might happens during the high season/holiday period.
To sum up: Too pricey for what it offers.

Room Tip: - Alameda Rooms are street facing rooms. Try to get either pool or beach facing rooms for a romantic stay.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
JI Administraçã... H, Public Relations Manager at Jurere Beach Village, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2012

We are sorry that your experience at our hotel was not good. We would say that the hotel is under renovation and your comments are included in the improvement project of apartments. We look forward to welcoming you on another occasion, with our units already done and positively surprise you.
Best regards.

Reviewed 4 December 2012

This hotel was not excellent by any means, but it is one of the nicer properties on the beach. When you want to stay where you can walk down the beach to dinner, this is the place. You can hear the ocean from your balcony, and listen to the kids in the pool, it was a great layout. The service on the beach was excellent, plenty of chairs and good beer, great service! The hotel its self looks nice in the lobby and bathrooms, but the rooms are definitely dated and simple. Our bathroom was dirtier than I would have liked it; however we really enjoyed the location. We also had a balcony partial ocean view, and it was very nice.

We really enjoyed the breakfast; they had all natural Brazilian fruits, spreads, breads, croissants, requijao, fresh Brazilian juices (not the cheap American juice). The breakfast was really lovely, there were also scrambled eggs, sausages (linguisa), cold meats and cheeses. They really had a great selection.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
JI Administraçã... H, Public Relations Manager at Jurere Beach Village, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2012

Thank you for your testimony. We are very happy that you have liked our structure and meals. Our apartments are already being renovated so we can always offer the best to our guests.
I hope to see you soon. Are very welcome.