“WON-DER-FUL HOSTEL, highly recommend it !!”
Review of Tucano House

Tucano House
Ranked #32 of 260 Florianopolis B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 February 2014

went there for a five-day stay last xmas, had so much fun, team is incredibly funny and helpful, food was to die for (they have great and cheap dinners every night), location is great if u dont mind walking a bit, actually wanted to move there considering the wonderful experience i had!!! don t hesitate and go there enjoy the real Brazil :)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

By far, the best overall hostel i have ever been in. Wonderfull atmosphere, unbelievable friendly and funny staff, that always wants to talk, have fun and give you a good time. They learn your name and make you feel like a friend. Good and fairly clean rooms and bathrooms, amazing dinner every night with different themes. Great daytours with funny and crazy guide Leo and good party tours every Night. You are NEVER bored here and you definitly dont wanna leave again. Met the best people during my 2 weeks stay. (Which was supposed to be 3 nights)
Love from Nick :)

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 February 2014

This was easily the best hostel I've ever been to; especially in South America. The facilities are clean and well-kept. Great atmosphere and fantastic food. In fact, I still carry their business card in my wallet, and I've been back in Canada for 6 months now. I have recommended Tucano House to many people, and I will continue to do so!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

This might be a great option for single people willing to make friends and havê some fun. It fits very well for backpackers but if you're going to Floripa with your girlfriend is better stay away.
I rented the private room and is not worth the price (R$ 200). The room looks a bit old, the ventilator barely works and the noise is very high at night. We could not sleep well.
They only accept money as payment.
The staff is very helpful and breakfast is decent.
The hostel hás already been chosen as the best in South America and is hard to believe.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank fernandolpsfreire
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Having travelled Brazil and stayed in numerous hostels i can say without doubt this was the best experience we had as a group. The rooms were clean the food was excellent and good value. The staff were all lovely and always very helpful. One of the staff Sylvia took our group out after she had finished work to show us the town and the best places to go out, which was above and beyond what we expected.

I would strongly recommend to anyone thinking of staying here.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Thank you Suellen, Lila, Sol, Adriano, Paula, Caio, Marco and Joana for the great time we had at your hostel.

Suellen especially was very patient with all my stupid questions, and Manau, the bartender, was a trooper. So what if he cut me off the last night we were there. I WAS drinking too much.

I also would like to thank the nice man who took us to Praia Riozinho. I have his name written down somewhere, I hope.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Absolutely wonderful experience here, as it was my first time traveling solo. The hostel has a great and friendly staff, organizes great activities everyday, have great buffets, is pretty well located near to lively district of the island, is clean... I'll go back there for sure!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo