“The Grill at the Iguatemi Mall Campinas ”
Review of El Tranvia

El Tranvia
Reserve with
El Tranvia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 4,131 Restaurants in Campinas
Price range: US$75 - US$250
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Traditional Uruguayan restaurant whose main highlight are the noble cuts of cattle Aberdeen Angus, imported from Uruguay, and grilled in the typical "grill"
Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

We did order a prime rib medium w Papa suflê potato’s , we got a well done instead a medium. , for starving feeling that we were , it was ok .
But the major problem was the service , it took too long and at the end they showed 3 times a wrong check , of course with more itens , but after 3 times correcting it , we got the right check .
Good Luck !

Reviewed 9 August 2017

The Bife Uruguayo was an excellent choice but also the Brazilian Fraudinha.
They have excellent meat quality and they prepare at perfection.
Service is fair but not good.
If you are in the area is an excellent choice.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

The restaurant that has it all. Lovely atmosphere, art on the walls, great, attentive staff and a superb menu. In the country where beef is always good, this restaurant excels. And outside, all the delights of Iguatemi shopping, also some of the best around. We have been to this restaurant 15-20 times and NEVER been disappointed.

Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

With many places and churrascarias to eat steak, beef or meat in Campinas it should not be necessary to drive to Iguatemi Mall and an Uruguayan Steakhouse. But then you would miss Parrilla El Tranvia and perhaps the best steak in Campinas.
My preference is Ancho or Ribeye and I look for this cut when I am in a steak house. But here I order the house cut "Uruguayan" which I am not certain what part of the cow I am eating but it is just a delicious steak. The little fat is on the outside, its thick and perfectly grilled. The sides are yummy and there is a good list of wines as well.
I tried many and this is my favorite hands down!

Reviewed 17 March 2016

We have been dining in this restaurant a couple of times. They offer a variety of steaks/different cuts grilled on open fire. They are tender and prepared to perfection. Also they have a very good wine and drinks selection.
For dessert try Creme de Papaya.

Been to El Tranvia? Share your experiences!