Sofitel Guaruja Jequitimar
US$110
TripAdvisor
Hotel Ilhas do Caribe(Guaruja)
TripAdvisor
Hotel Ilhas da Grecia(Guaruja)
Ferraretto Hotel(Guaruja)
Hotel Il Faro(Guaruja)
Charme Hotel(Guaruja)
1,932 results
All reviewskids clubsao paulobreakfast and lunchgreat beachsmall shopping mallother handvery nice hotellarge poolnon existentchecking inneeds improvementpiano bargeneral serviceexcellent resortsushithe check in processhamburger
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 April 2013 via mobile

We spend a full week here with our 2 kids. The staff was always very friendly and helpfull. The hotel was pretty empty during the week because out of season which was great because it gave the kids a lot of space to play. Also the kidsclub was really good.

Overall great stay and we plan to come back.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Tomassw
SofitelJequitimar, Manager at Sofitel Guaruja Jequitimar, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2013

We very much appreciate the response of our survey regarding your stay at the Sofitel Guaruja Jequitimar. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be extremely pleasant.

Reviewed 3 April 2013

This Sofitel, in addition to excellent service, good food is very well located. The site is charming and this comes at a certain cost.Great place to enjoy a long weekend and forget all daily worries. Personnel is first class and more than willing to help if need be.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 10 March 2013

For the second time I've stayed in this hotel for business. Right on top of Guaruja sandy beach together with pool area, is a plus if you go there for leisure. Facilities also try to take advantage of prime location, like the restaurant balcony overlooking the bay. But having in mind poor construction, some areas require maintenance. Room area was large, comfy bed, basic furniture and apparently clean. But bathroom shows signs of some deterioration, with several mold spots at shower area. This is not at all acceptable for a hotel charging in average over US$ 400 per night. Restaurant was fine if you are a Buffet fan. Breakfast was good with a wide variety of choices. Service at a average level. Altogether nothing that justifies the classification of a 5 star hotel or even Sofitel brand recognition.

Room Tip: Room with balcony with sea view
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank E V
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I was at the Sofitel for a week on a business congress. First thing I noticed was that nobody speaks English and it was a very difficult check in. The place is good, but not worth usd 300 the night. I have paid that amount for a Four Seasons room and there is a world of difference. Food was just edible, but maybe that was because I am used to great food.
Temperature inside the meeting rooms was too cold and a lot of colleagues got sick because of the contrast when stepping outside.
Beach was amazing.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Lizzete S
SofitelJequitimar, Gerente at Sofitel Guaruja Jequitimar, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2013

We very much appreciate the response regarding your stay at the Sofitel Guaruja Jequitimar.

I will share your comments with our team. One of the main goals of this area is the constant development.

Reviewed 2 March 2013

I stayed in Sofitel Guaruja during a long weekend in Brazil. The hotel was clearly fully booked and overcrowded, which severely impacted the service they were able to give guests, which was not at all magnifique
The hotel itself is very well located, right on top of sandy Guaruja beach, and it was designed in a way it takes advantage of that prime location. Facilities are good, the restaurant has a nice balcony overlooking the sea, the pool area is nice and well taken care of.
The room was large, comfortable and clean. Bed and shower were also great. The only drawbacks were that (i) I got a ground floor room with street view, which meant I had to have the curtains closed all day to avoid being watched and (ii) light was scarce (I could hardly read at night).
Unfortunately service was not good: check in was hurried, we had to wait in line for breakfast, and bar attendants were inattentive. For example, I wanted to have a room service item outside the room, and I couldn’t get it. I understand the hotel was fully booked, but a 5* hotel must be ready to deal with such a scenario (e.g. create a secondary lounge space?).
Finally, I also did not like to be charged 6 usd for renting a DVD, when the room guide said a DVD library was “available” at the concierge desk.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms in the ground floor with street view
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank worldtrav11

We very much appreciate the response of our survey regarding your stay at the Sofitel Guaruja Jequitimar. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guests.