Half a year and at least 5 stays in this Sofitel later, I believe it’s time for an update (see my previous review from May 2009). The plastic bracelets are still there and very annoying to wear, especially after 3 or 4 days.
Reception: at all our stays, the staff at the reception is great; extremely friendly and more efficient every time. The kids club has improved. The fences outside have been replaced and children cannot open them by themselves. Inside, the button to call for the elevator is placed higher up and only adults or the older children can reach it. There seems to be more staff (including more nannies who personally can take care of the smaller children and there are more cleaning ladies too).
The restaurants: when the hotel is fully booked, the service in the restaurants can be very poor, they simply cannot handle these situations. On the other hand, when it’s quiet in the hotel, the service is great. Turn down service at night: I am still not sure what exactly to expect, yes: clean towels and chocolate, but (complimentary) drinking water? One night we got 2 bottles of drinking water in our room, the other 3 nights: no water. The same with a newspaper in the morning; one morning we received one, the other mornings: no newspaper.
My overall impression is that it’s a great hotel to spend a weekend when you want to escape from busy São Paulo and although they really do their best (most staff), this Sofitel still hasn’t reached the high standards you normally would expect at a Sofitel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Jequitimar Guaruja is a 5 star hotel in Guaruja, located 130 km from Sao Paulo International Airport and 90 km from Congonhas Airport. Surrounded by the Atlantic Forest, in the Pernambuco Beach, the most charming Guaruja Beach in Sao Paulo, Brazil. The hotel offers 301 rooms and a Spa. A dream holiday location for couples and families, this hotel in Guaruja also features a major convention centre for events of up to 1,600 guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), ACCOR, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Guaruja Jequitimar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Jequitimar Guaruja Hotel Guaruja
- Sofitel Guaruja Jequitimar Brazil - Sao Paulo
- Guaruja Sofitel