“Excellent hotel choice close to airport”

Sao Paulo Airport Marriott Hotel
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Guarulhos
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Excellent hotel choice close to airport”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The Marriott Hotel is conveniently located near the GRU airport. Staff is very friendly and willing to go an extra mile that ensures comfortable stay for the guests. Every time I go to São Paulo and this hotel is where I prefer to stay. Because most flights arrive in the morning from the USA, the hotel would make accommodation for guests to check in early or check out late.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Paul C. L
Pedro_Luciano, Guest Relations Team at Sao Paulo Airport Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Paul C.

It's always a pleasure to read comments like yours. Thank you very much for the kind words about the São Paulo Airport Marriott Hotel.

Our location is a really highlighted point alongside with our very dedicated and well trained team of hosts. We take great pride on our staff services and we are happy to know we were able to ensure your comfort. And we understand every situation each guest has, when needing a early check-in or a late check out, so we do our best to help as much as we can.

Thank you again for such kind words, and I am delighted to know we are your number 1 preference when visiting São Paulo.

It is an honor to have you as a guest. Hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards,
Renê Santana
Guest Relations Team
São Paulo Airport Marriott Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Turkish first
Llantilio Crossenny, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This hotel has what you would expect from an airport hotel, convenience, although a little further away than most. The rooms are clean an airy with plenty of light. The layout of the interior of the hotel means you can clearly hear noise coming from the ground floor. Whilst I was there this was not a problem, however with a lot of people and a function going on that would be quite different.

Room Tip: All rooms surround a central well.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Pedro_Luciano, Guest Relations Supervisor at Sao Paulo Airport Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Steve,

It is very important for us, to receive feedback like yours. Guest comments are paramount for allowing us to focus our attention where guests’ feel it is necessary.

Thank you very much for taking the time to post about your recent experience. It's a pleasure to know, that you enjoyed our clean room.

Your feedback has been shared with our management to improve the experience that we provide our guests. We hope you will consider our hotel for your next trip to São Paulo.

Guest Relations Supervisor
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The property is nice but conducting business is difficult if you have to use a computer or PDA. The wifi other than downstairs at the lobby is horrible. Its equivalent to 56k and goes in and out. Not what you expect from an international airport Marriott property. The rooms are adequate for a short stay. The beds are comfy. Shower drains are slow. I changed rooms to be closer to a wifi router but not much improvement. I'd say consistent with the proviso room in all conditions. My associates (3 others) all are in agreement and have the same experiences with internet connectivity. We meet in the lobby or on the executive lounge for consistent wifi coverage. The gym here is nice and should be a Marriott minimum around the globe. The staff is helpful and speaks english I think they understand better than 80% of what is conveyed. The bench in the room is convenient for luggage. The executive lounge food is horrible. Im still sick from the ham slices lol. I have noticed that reusing food thats been sitting out is a culture norm down in SAM. I should have ordered from the menu. Sadly all of this hotels positive efforts fall by the wayside when the single most used item by travelers these days is stuck in the 90's.

Room Tip: Ask to be near the wifi router which is near the elevator so you sacrifice one for the other.
3 Thank Jeff C
Pedro_Luciano, Guest Relations Supervisor at Sao Paulo Airport Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Texas Guest,

It is appreciated that you took the time to send a note regarding your recent stay with us. I was very disappointed to hear that the enjoyment of your Internet and food experience was below your expectations and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I would like to inform you that our Hotel follows strict rules about food and beverage safety. All food served in our Hotel, meets national and International standards, and we don't have a culture to reuse, like you spoke.

About the Internet, I'll send this message to our management to check and discover, what happened.

Thank you once more. We really hope to serve you again in the future.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed in this Marriott hotel couple of time during this World Cup. I checked-in using Mobile check-in. So, my keys were ready when I arrived. Hotel Staffs are welcoming, friendly and goes out of their way to help with anything you ask for. Hotel’s Airport shuttle is really efficient and it runs every 20 minutes. I used this service every time I had to go to/come from Airport. Hotel is very clean and comfortable with a nice renovated lobby. Breakfast is complementary and is amazing. It has all the different food options I could think of. I really loved it. I would definitely recommend this property of Marriott.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the higher floor facing the pool.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Pedro_Luciano, Guest Relations Supervisor at Sao Paulo Airport Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Pinesh,

Thank you very much for rating our hotel on the TripAdvisor website. It's an honor to see such kind words about our Hotel.

I am glad to know you got a welcoming, friendly and also fast check-in due the Mobile check in provided thru our Marriott Mobile Application. It really makes the diference when you are in a hurry. Our services like the Shuttle Bus, Breakfast, Lobby/Bar area are meant to be as pleasent as possible.

Thank you once more for the comments and for recommending our hotel, it's a pleasure to have you as a Guest here at the São Paulo Airport Marriott Hotel.

Kind Regards,
Guest Relations
São Paulo Marriott Hotel.
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed in the Marriott for one night only while I waited for my next day flight. On my arrival the staff was very polite and helpful. The room is big and clean, but nothing special about it in my opinion. The bathroom is also big and I didn't like the shower at all, low pressure water and the temperature changed for no reason more than twice during my shower and I had to reajust. The breakfast is the hotel highlight for sure. Amazing food, greaqt staff, all the options I could ever dream of. The shuttle to take the guests to the airport is great and made my life very easy. I would stay there again if I had to wait on a flight, even though it is quite expensive.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Pedro_Luciano, guest relations supervisor at Sao Paulo Airport Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear Natali,

First of all, we like to thank you for having chosen our hotel and we also like to thank you for having taken the time to share your valuable comment with us. Guest comments like yours are paramount for allowing us to focus our attention where guests’ feel it is necessary.

I'll send your comments to our management, to take actions about the shower.

Thank you for the great comments about our associates, we will pass this information along. We truly hope you are able to visit again and enjoy our Hotel.

Sincerely
Guest Relations supervisor
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We used this hotel during the World Cup. It is very clean & comfortable with a nice lobby & pool terrace. Service was very good & the staff went out of their way to be helpful (including the manager meeting me at the airport with my passport which I had left on a coffee table in the lobby!) Not cheap but v handy for the airport with a very efficient shuttle bus transfer ( suspect rate is much lower now World Cup finished)

Stayed June 2014
Pedro_Luciano, Guest Relations Supervisor at Sao Paulo Airport Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear United Kingdon Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent experience at the São Paulo Marriott Hotel.
I’m so pleased that you found our location to be convenient and that you found our staff to be helpful.

Thank you once more for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Guest Relations Supervisor

Sincerely
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed here July 2014. Checkin was slow, but the room was nice, bed was super comfortable, pillows were great.

Breakfast was a great assortment, from oatmeal and cereal through fruit and pastries to meats and cheeses.

There's a great pool area with an outdoor eating area and while we were there, they had a fun band playing local music.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Pedro_Luciano, Guest Relations Supervisor at Sao Paulo Airport Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Russell,

Did you have a chance to enjoy our Atrium Bar? From Monday to Thursday, we have live brazilian and international music. You will would love it!

The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Guest Relations
São Paulo Marriott Hotel.