“VERY RUDE OWNERS AND VERY OLD HOTEL”

GuestHouse Inn & Suites Bayou La Batre/Mobile
and 1 more site!
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Bayou La Batre/Mobile
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bayou La Batre
Reviewed 13 September 2010

We checked in around 7:30 PM and asked the night clerk if we could get a late check out the next day and he said no problem and aksed if 1PM would be fine. we agreed. Upon returning to the hotel at 12:15 the apparent owner gave us a very hard time because it was after 12. We told him that the night clerk approved. He made us check out immediately and watched our room from his side window until we actually left. The photos on the website arre apparently from the day it was built. This place is old, only about 4 other cars in the parking lot on a Friday night. I would never recommend this place to anyone and I would sleep on the ground before I gave this foreign owner 1 more dollar out of my pocket.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank hondo500

Reviewed 7 August 2010

I spent 4 nights at this, the only motel/hotel in Bayou Le Batre and thought the above. Plus, the heat this July was up in the 105 are (heat index) and the AC unit in my room worked so well, I had to turn it down. The TV was large and worked well, the channel shooter excellent. Coffee was in the room, the sheets and towels were clean, the comforter looked good and the water pressure was great. I have no idea what the other reviewer was complaining about, which is why you better read all the opinions with a grain of salt (except this one, which is truthful and honest, trust me- maybe he was expecting the Plaza in Gstaad and was irked there was no snow? I know the BP clean up crews were cast away and maybe he was pissed about that? This place is totally cool. And if you are gonna be in Forrest Gump Land, this place is Gump Center!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank WBeavers
Reviewed 8 June 2010

Spent 10 nights in motels in Al, Miss, & La. This was absolutely the WORST !!!!!

Extremely dirty - even coffee pot hadn't been cleaned !!!!!

Only a couple of other people staying there. I should have known better.

I guess the foreign owners have used this place only to get themselves into the US.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank hplunkett

Been to GuestHouse Inn & Suites Bayou La Batre/Mobile? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about GuestHouse Inn & Suites Bayou La Batre/Mobile

Address: 13155 N Wintzell Ave, Bayou La Batre, AL 36509-2131 (Formerly Bayou La Batre Inn & Suites)
Region: United States > Alabama > Bayou La Batre
Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bayou La Batre
Hotel Class:2.5 star — GuestHouse Inn & Suites Bayou La Batre/Mobile 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your GuestHouse Inn & Suites Bayou La Batre/Mobile reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Bayou La Batre Inn And Suites