“Pleasant Hotel in Sao Paulo”

Golden Tulip Sao Paulo Paulista
Ranked #21 of 326 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I stayed here with a large group of people for a week in March. They did a very nice job to accommodate our group. Overall, it was a pleasant stay.

The hotel is located in a decent neighborhood. We never felt unsafe walking around. It's only a short walk down a (giant) hill to the fancy shopping and eating district.

The room I had was (surprisingly) spacious and comfortable for two people. The beds and linens were what I would expect from this class of hotel. I can't say I cared for the breakfast buffet, but it is very standard for Brazilian hotels.

The wifi in the lobby area wasn't particularly strong, but it was free and good enough. We used a meeting room for one afternoon -- the hotel provided the space, bottled water, projector and setup.

If I return to Sao Paulo I wouldn't have a problem staying here again.

1  Thank MrDarcyAndElizabeth

How are you?

I am the new manager of the hotel! It was a huge pleasure to welcome you to Golden Tulip São Paulo Paulista, the old Belas Artes.

I am reading all the comments posted so we can keep what is good and improve what needs to be better.

Thank you for sharing your experience, this exchange with our guests is essential for us!

I would like to invite you to return soon, It will be a huge pleasure to welcome you again. In case of any need, do not hesitate to contact me.

There are newer reviews for Golden Tulip Sao Paulo Paulista

Reviewed 22 May 2012

Terrible stay. Fantastic room - loads of room. However as someone else says there is construction going on and it is 24/7. The restaurant was in the foyer with no divide so you enter and see everyone eating - horrible!! The location was down a street which was poorly lit and as a single traveler, female I did not feel safe at all.

2  Thank robynbyrd

Reviewed 24 March 2012

Old, expensive and noisy. Terrible service ..........................................This hotel is currently undergoing 24 HOUR CONSTRUCTION. That's right, the noise (hammering, drills, saws, etc) happens all night long! The AC also didn't work well and there was a roach and a spider the bathroom. Stay elsewhere!

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank RxGrover

Reviewed 20 March 2012

Stayed at the Golden Tulip Belas Artes for 4 nights last week. Here's my synopsis...

1. First thing I noticed was the construction going on behind a false wall adjacent to the lobby. Lots of pounding during all hours of the night. Saw some friends in the lobby expressing their frustrations at 3am and front desk staff said that the construction would be going on all night. Luckily for me, I was on a high floor and couldn't hear the noise.

2. No hotel bar. I guess this is being rectified by the construction.

3. 7th floor rooms were not upgraded compared to friends who stayed on lower floors. Bathrooms were in dire need of a makeover

4. Window didn't close all the way, which allowed bugs to enter the room.

5. Breakfasts were great. Lots of assorted meats and cheeses, eggs, fruit and coffee. Great juice selection too.

6. Pool is sort of pointless. It is in an enclosed glass dome and gets superheated by the sun and the greenhouse effect of the glass surroundings.

7. Fitness center on the top floor is tiny, but does the trick.

8. Proximity to Paulista Avenue is this hotel's #1 selling point. It is a 5 minute walk to shops, museums, parks, etc.

9. There is a small convenience store just across the street. Here you can find beers, drinks and snacks to bring back to your room.

Overall, I suppose I would stay here again, but only if some of the other nice hotels in the vicinity were booked. Sao Paulo has an extreme shortage of hotel rooms, so it can be difficult to find a place in a pinch.

2  Thank dkauf

Reviewed 20 March 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Susan G

Reviewed 28 February 2012

Couldn't ask for a more convenient location, one block from Paulista Ave and close to numerous restaurants and bars. We were given a "renovated room" which was nicely appointed and I very much appreciated the "blackout" curtains which blocked off all light into the room - much easier to sleep.

They were doing some construction while we were they but they didn't start until late morning so it wasn't much of an issue.

My biggest beef is with the stupid WiFi infrastructure. The free (slow) version didn't reach that far into the room (we were at the end of a hallway) and was a pain in the butt. There was a paid version but it wasn't worth the expense. When will hotels learn that WiFi is like electricity and water - just part of a basic set of utilities?

Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 January 2012

The hotel has a recently updated lobby, but the rooms are old and in a bad state. Very noisy air-conditioning and hard beds. The blankets are in the closet, but you better leave them there. They haven't been dry cleaned in years.
Bathroom has water coming out of the light fixtures in the ceiling.....

On the plus side, it is in a nice area of town, just off the Av. Paulista. But I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business