Hotel Belas Artes Sao Paulo Managed by AccorHotels
US$77
US$69
Melia.com
  • Pool
Prodigy Berrini by GJP(Sao Paulo)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$73
US$72
US$68
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
Ibis Sao Paulo Morumbi(Sao Paulo)(Great Value!)
US$68
  • Restaurant
US$223
US$216
  • Pool
Bourbon Convention Ibirapuera(Sao Paulo)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$62
  • Pool
Landmark Residence(Sao Paulo)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$93
  • Breakfast included
HB Hotels Ninety(Sao Paulo)
US$95
US$85
US$46
US$45
1,309 results
All reviewsgolden tulippaulista avenuefrei canecagreat locationlots of bars and restaurantsspacious roomtapiocawould stay againa great place to staybrazilian hotelswifi connectionrooms are bignice breakfastthree nightsvery nice hotelbusiness hotelneighborhood
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I stayed at the hotel in March 2013 for one night and it is a hotel with rather large rooms, comfortable beds, good working airconditioning. However the rooms are dated in regard of the furniture and the bath looks 70ties style. The internet connection and the new flat screen 48 inch TV worked however fine.
The style of the hotel is a bit blunt, very few decorations - specifically the lobby is rather cold in appearance. The restaurant was clean, comparatively small versus other ameneties and service was up to the middle class standard one would anticipate however a bit on the slow side, breakfast - oh well a bit scarce in choices.
All in all a hotel close to Rua Paulista, with a worthwihle 'middle class' shopping center in walking distance (3 minutes) and addecent selection of typical local stores around the block, Seems not to be very secure at night, when walking in the "wrong' direction - use discretion!
Pan handlers are crossing your path in Sao Paulo often, so don't get upset, but don't take out your cash either ...

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

How are you?

I am the new manager of the hotel! It was a huge pleasure to welcome you to Golden Tulip São Paulo Paulista, the old Belas Artes.

I am reading all the comments posted so we can keep what is good and improve what needs to be better.

Thank you for sharing your experience, this exchange with our guests is essential for us!

I would like to invite you to return soon, It will be a huge pleasure to welcome you again. In case of any need, do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 15 February 2013 via mobile

Depressing hotel, dark, insects and poor breakfast, never again, also the neigbourhood is very depressing. The airco in the room makes noise and is not cooling properly!during the day noise from renovating the hotel. Do not open the curtains you get anxious to jump

1  Thank Jantjes

Reviewed 6 February 2013

Clean and tidy modern Hotel with basic luxury rooms and a big bathtub. small Hotel room windows. And a good working AC unit on suite. Nice breakfast with plenty of fresh fruits and warm dishes. The Hotel is really situated in the middle of the trendy and pretty safe hood in-between Paulista and Augusta neighbourhood. Close to Metro stations. Several service available at front desk where a professional and helpfull staff helped with most common questions. If you are looking for a good stay this Hotel sure should be concideret. It is as well crew Hotel of KLM

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 January 2013

I just completed another stay here, I have stayed here previously. The hotel has nice large rooms and good air conditioning. The bathroom is large, but this time around it was in need of updating (or a good scrubbing) - black splotches in the grout and the combo shower/bathtub jacuzzi jets had paint peeling off of them. The bed was comfortable and the included breakfast had a lot of variety for most people, but I am vegetarian so I was limited to fruit and cereal. Almost everything else was infused with meat.

The hotel is about a block away from Av Paulista, so a quick walk got you to offices, restaurants, shopping, the MASP museum, and much more. There were homeless people I often found sleeping on the sidewalk heading to Av Paulista, but this is something that seems to be prevalent throughout Sao Paulo now - and is obviously not something that the hotel can control.

One thing that upset me personally was when me and a business colleague checked in, there was a discrepancy in the rates we got. His rate was quite a bit lower than mine - although we both reserved from the Golden Tulip website directly and reserved the same room category. I had booked my room a couple of weeks before my colleauge did. When I asked about the difference, the check-in agent would not lower my rate, which left me with negative feelings as I consider if I will return or not on my next trip later this year.

But all in all, the hotel was comfortable and convenient - so for that reason I do recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 January 2013

Pros:
- Large rooms
- Location on Frei Caneca and near Augusta/Oscar Freire shopping

Cons:
- Hotel corridors/rooms/bathrooms are dated
- Ridiculously slow/non-existent wifi connection (charge R20/24hr): Especially if your room is at the end of a corridor not using the wifi would be better for your temper. With this bad a connection forget about online airline check-in aso. Wifi in the lobby (two paid terminals in lobby as well) is faster, but still abrupted sometimes.
- Stayed a couple of times over the last few months and every time there has been maintenance going on with the consequential noise (think drilling/banging on walls) - hence the "poor" mark for sleep quality.
- I do see improvements over the last period, mostly in the breakfast area (breakfast nothing special, but fair; juices-not fresh/cheesballs/ready made pancakes/eggs/white breads/danish/cold cuts/coffee machine) b/f charge unknown as paid by my company.
- During daytime a few staff members at front desk speak english (they are all friendly and helpful), however at certain off-periods it is hard to find someone that does and this can be frustrating.

All in all a basic hotel that is comfortable enough but don't stay here if you require DSL speed internet and luxury.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business