“Nice hotel close to Paulista Ave.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Golden Tulip Sao Paulo Paulista

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Golden Tulip Sao Paulo Paulista
Ranked #24 of 322 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Lawrence, Kansas
“Nice hotel close to Paulista Ave.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed at the Golden Tulip Belas Artes on a research trip to Brazil. The rooms are quite spacious and the accommodations are comfortable. There is a daily breakfast buffet which is quite good. I do not speak Portuguese and there was staff I could communicate with when I needed to, but I wouldn't say any of the staff spoke English really well, although everyone was very friendly. The hotel is just a couple blocks off of Paulista Ave., so if your business is there, this is a great place to stay. There was construction going on during my stay which was a little annoying as I really needed to sleep after my long flight, but all of that stopped around 5:00 pm each day. Also, the internet was hit an miss, so if internet is very important to you, you may want to go somewhere else. Overall, not a bad place.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, Gerente at Golden Tulip Sao Paulo Paulista, responded to this review, 2 October 2016

How are you?

I am the new manager of the hotel! It was a huge pleasure to welcome you to Golden Tulip São Paulo Paulista, the old Belas Artes.

I am reading all the comments posted so we can keep what is good and improve what needs to be better.

Thank you for sharing your experience, this exchange with our guests is essential for us!

I would like to invite you to return soon, It will be a huge pleasure to welcome you again. In case of any need, do not hesitate to contact me.

Operations manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Turkish first
Campinas, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

If you need a good and safe option around the Paulista Avenue area this hotel should be considered. This is my second time in the hotel during a convention. Both times I was served with a spacious room, well furnished and with the usual amenities. One positive thing if you are allergic to carpet is that the whole floor and room (3rd floor in my case) has wooden carpet. The hotel is undergoing a renovation so some of the furniture seems a bit dated, although nothing that matters in terms of functionality. Breakfast won't leave you impressed but probably will satisfy most needs. Free internet is ok for general purposes and did not let me down on the overall email/transfers needed. Parking is a reasonable price and the location serves many bars and restaurants nearby. The only concern was overall noise in the room which could have been better but nothing that will disturb a normal sleeper. Overall a very good experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Gold Coast, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed here two years in a row attending a nearby conference. The hotel is undergoing renovations and there is often a strong chemical smell in the hallways and lift areas. Fortunately it didn't make it into the rooms however - unlike the water leak in the ceiling that flooded our bathroom. These problems aside though, this is a nice hotel and the staff are warm and helpful. The rooms are clean and tidy although a little dark - especially our first room which had very small windows that opened onto a rooftop area where construction was taking place. Breakfast is good and the omelette chef is a treasure! Once renovations are complete I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

This is an excellent hotel. Even though parts of it were under renovations, I had an excellent stay. The hotel is just off Paulista Avenue, with plenty of restaurants, shops and things to do/visit, around the hotel. Best of all, the reception desk crew was unbelievable! They all spoke perfect English and were extremely helpful with recommendations and such. The breakfast buffet was excellent. My room was very big (not your typical hotel room) and quiet. The did not charge me for the Internet in my room. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

The only good thing about this hotel is its location. But there are many other hotels around the area.
Stay away from this hotel especially if you are on business trip. First, the free internet service is a joke. It is sloooow. It maybe only good for IM. For other purposes, I ensure you that you will have to purchase regular speed internet at $10 Real per day. No weekly rate is available. Second, restaurant and room service is sloooow. Very few people dine at the restaurant. But it took me more than 2 hours for a simple meal at the restaurant. And it took more than 1 hour for the room service to arrive. This is not acceptable for people with busy schedule. Third, the front desk is very unfriendly and unreasonable. My colleague has to extend his stay for one night. Front desk does not allow him to stay. While the guy at front desk did not even bother to look into their reservation system, he told us at 10:30 PM that more guests will check in and my colleague has to check out right away.

1 Thank gordoncg

Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

At first glance this hotel seems really nice. It goes down hill very fast though. When my two coworkers and I showed up in the morning with reservations after an overnight flight it took over 30 minutes to check in. We noticed they had chairs by the check in desk and wondered what they were for. We quickly realized why after spending a good part of the morning checking in and that was with nobody in front of us.

Next, the restaurant looked like a great place for dinner. DO NOT eat there. It appeared the waiter was not only the waiter but the host, the bus boy, the cook and probably the dish washer. It took over an hour to get our check. He apologized but said they were under staffed. Not what you'd expect from a restaurant at a $250 per night hotel.

We got to the rooms and they were big and nice looking. When I woke up in the morning I got in the shower and NO hot water. I told my two coworkers about that and they didn't have hot water either and were on different floors. Seriously, no hot water?

Really the only good things about this place were the size of the room, comfortable bed and quietness of it. This could be a great hotel but something has gone very wrong here. Do not waste your money!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank MateoVerito
CarlosEduardoLima, Front Office Manager at Golden Tulip Sao Paulo Paulista, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear Mr. Mateo,

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your experience at the Golden Tulip Belas Artes. We are sorry that your experience has not met to your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We are very sorry about all the troubles related, these matters are being taken care closely, and we will be glad to have you here again, so you can see the changes.

Pamella Rego
Niterói - Brazil
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

I chose this hotel due to having stayed there previously but apparently the hotel has dropped quaite a bit in terms of quality and maintenance. The air conditioning broke down two nights following, in such a way as waking me up in the middle of the night, all sweaty. The result was feeling sleepy all through the next day at a Congress. Also, I observed that the floors are in need of repair - the lino is coming away in patches. Summarizing, keep away until they undergo a refit or a change in management...

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Alf_Bacon
CarlosEduardoLima, Gerente de recepção at Golden Tulip Sao Paulo Paulista, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your experience at the Golden Tulip Belas Artes. We are sorry that your experience have not met to your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

It’s very nice for us listen from our guest their opinion about our service quality. For sure we will share your compliments about the breakfast and the restaurant and we have shared with our team your opinion about our hotel.

We hope to receive you in the near future to change all your concerns and welcome you back.

Pamella Rego