“Good stay”

Ranked #24 of 321 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Cleveland, Ohio
“Good stay”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Hotel can be better. Looked to be under renovation. Good Interior decor and very spacious rooms. Location is good. about a 3 mins walk to Ave Paulista. Jardins is about 15 mins walk.
There is free wifi and decent breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
, Gerente at Golden Tulip Sao Paulo Paulista, responded to this review, 2 October 2016

How are you?

I am the new manager of the hotel! It was a huge pleasure to welcome you to Golden Tulip São Paulo Paulista, the old Belas Artes.

I am reading all the comments posted so we can keep what is good and improve what needs to be better.

Thank you for sharing your experience, this exchange with our guests is essential for us!

I would like to invite you to return soon, It will be a huge pleasure to welcome you again. In case of any need, do not hesitate to contact me.

Operations manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I paid for an Executive Room. Room was OK and definitely quite large. However, this is supposedly an "Upscale" property - they could not even loan me an iron and ironing board!!! It is impossible to travel from thousands of miles away and not get some wrinkles in clothes. They tried to offer this "laundry service" which is a joke if you're trying to get ready to go out for the night. You cannot tell me there is not a single iron and ironing board on offer in this entire hotel... Even one that can be borrowed from housekeeping! It's really ridiculous. And the front desk staff talked to me like I was the problem! I've been in lesser hotels in Brazil who at least had an iron available. This was only the start of what turned out to be a not so pleasant stay in a so-so room. Stay away from this hotel - stay FAR away.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank ShenidaWeave

Lawrence, Kansas
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed at the Golden Tulip Belas Artes on a research trip to Brazil. The rooms are quite spacious and the accommodations are comfortable. There is a daily breakfast buffet which is quite good. I do not speak Portuguese and there was staff I could communicate with when I needed to, but I wouldn't say any of the staff spoke English really well, although everyone was very friendly. The hotel is just a couple blocks off of Paulista Ave., so if your business is there, this is a great place to stay. There was construction going on during my stay which was a little annoying as I really needed to sleep after my long flight, but all of that stopped around 5:00 pm each day. Also, the internet was hit an miss, so if internet is very important to you, you may want to go somewhere else. Overall, not a bad place.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Campinas, SP
Reviewed 16 May 2014

If you need a good and safe option around the Paulista Avenue area this hotel should be considered. This is my second time in the hotel during a convention. Both times I was served with a spacious room, well furnished and with the usual amenities. One positive thing if you are allergic to carpet is that the whole floor and room (3rd floor in my case) has wooden carpet. The hotel is undergoing a renovation so some of the furniture seems a bit dated, although nothing that matters in terms of functionality. Breakfast won't leave you impressed but probably will satisfy most needs. Free internet is ok for general purposes and did not let me down on the overall email/transfers needed. Parking is a reasonable price and the location serves many bars and restaurants nearby. The only concern was overall noise in the room which could have been better but nothing that will disturb a normal sleeper. Overall a very good experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed here two years in a row attending a nearby conference. The hotel is undergoing renovations and there is often a strong chemical smell in the hallways and lift areas. Fortunately it didn't make it into the rooms however - unlike the water leak in the ceiling that flooded our bathroom. These problems aside though, this is a nice hotel and the staff are warm and helpful. The rooms are clean and tidy although a little dark - especially our first room which had very small windows that opened onto a rooftop area where construction was taking place. Breakfast is good and the omelette chef is a treasure! Once renovations are complete I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

New York
Reviewed 2 April 2014

This is an excellent hotel. Even though parts of it were under renovations, I had an excellent stay. The hotel is just off Paulista Avenue, with plenty of restaurants, shops and things to do/visit, around the hotel. Best of all, the reception desk crew was unbelievable! They all spoke perfect English and were extremely helpful with recommendations and such. The breakfast buffet was excellent. My room was very big (not your typical hotel room) and quiet. The did not charge me for the Internet in my room. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

The only good thing about this hotel is its location. But there are many other hotels around the area.
Stay away from this hotel especially if you are on business trip. First, the free internet service is a joke. It is sloooow. It maybe only good for IM. For other purposes, I ensure you that you will have to purchase regular speed internet at $10 Real per day. No weekly rate is available. Second, restaurant and room service is sloooow. Very few people dine at the restaurant. But it took me more than 2 hours for a simple meal at the restaurant. And it took more than 1 hour for the room service to arrive. This is not acceptable for people with busy schedule. Third, the front desk is very unfriendly and unreasonable. My colleague has to extend his stay for one night. Front desk does not allow him to stay. While the guy at front desk did not even bother to look into their reservation system, he told us at 10:30 PM that more guests will check in and my colleague has to check out right away.

1 Thank gordoncg