“Justo para o padrão do Hotel. Excelente pela localização.”

Ibis Sao Paulo Morumbi
Ranked #87 of 326 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I've been hosted at this hotel for 4 nights. It's like all Ibis in the world. The main advantage for me is that It's near the convention center and in front of Morumbi Shopping.
It's bedroom is OK, same for the Bathroom.
Some noise, but nothing to make me angry.
So, for those who knows Ibis It's the same of anyone; For those that wants a good location for Transamerica Expo Center and near a Shopping Center, I recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 25 April 2013

Issue Number 1: The hotel will charge up 8.8% fee if you choose the use its parking. During the reservation it is almost impossible to realize that the offered parking is charged.

Issue Number 2: Only during the check-in procedure I was told that I was going to get a "room for disabled people". The bathroom quality is lower than the standard room I had reservation for. To make things worst, there was a serious water leak on the toilet shower.

Issue Number 3: The woman that I talked about the problem was cold and unpolite. I only managed to get another room on the second day, after 3pm.

Room Tip: *Call the hotel to certify that you are not getting a room for disabled people, unless you need it...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I went for a soccer play at São Paulo - Morumbi. The location of the hotel was the first parameter to choose Ibis Morumbi. It is really well located, in front of great shopping malls and near the event I went. The service and cleanliness of the room were the best, but the price of the restaurant and the options for food were very limited. I would recommend this hotel for my friends and family, it is one of the best hotels i've ever stayed and besides the food, it is perfect.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I arrived at the hotel after a long flight, and even a longer commute from the airport (2 hours). Came in... could not find my reservation. I had paid for it already. So I opened my computer, and get the transference confirmation. They leave.. come back ,and say I have to pay more because the cancelled (even though I had paid), and now it is more expensive. I asked why had they cancelled? And they said I had not paid 4 days in advance. Looking at the transferece, I had paid 8 days in advance! So they just let me stand there.... the lady talking to other people (she did not speak any English or Spanish)... a nice lady came to try to explain why the price differene in little English, but I did not understand either. If I had pre-paid, I still dont get why they cancelled! Anyways, nobody paid much attention to me while Ijust stood there, noone telling me what to do. Finally I asked, and the lady said I needed to pay now, or they could not give me a room. Not during check out...I was dead tired, so I said OK ,and they charged the difference (a lot, about $40). I asked for a receipt but did not get any,I think I understood that at check out! Anywyas, I DO NOT RECCOMEND IT. On the rooms... they are pretty small. the bed seems fine, lots of wood, a safe and a little fridge, but I dont think its worth the money or the bad service.

Room Tip: i really dont know yet.. overall it is a noisy city, so...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank PTYTraveler
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Ibis is pretty much like all other Ibis Hotel standards. Basic features, small rooms. The best of this place is the location right next to Morumbi Shopping mall, where you can find a vast variety of restaurants to eat. First night they did not put the basic ammenities (soap and shampoo, nothing else), but it is clean, and WiFi worked well during my stay. It is not near any metro station so expect to take a taxi or other transportation. I had the luck to be with my Brazilian friends, but not 100% sure all reception staff could speak English. Decent breakfast. I stayed in this hotel due to price. ( low budget trip this time) ;)

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 February 2013

I was here for 4 nights and the WiFi only worked for 1 day. But, a very nice mall, Morumbi Shopping, is out the door, walk down the hill, cross the road at the light, and up the driveway to the Mall. The Mall has WiFi and excellent dining along with fast food. Go to the Mall and escape the Ibis.

The rooms are basic Ibis simple. Closer to Microtel style than Motel 6. (Accor owns this chain and Motel 6 in the USA) Breakfast is not included, but was not bad if you like waiting for coffee. They serve a buffet and have 1 coffee dispenser for the entire crowd and think nothing of seeing a queue. The eggs and meat and fruit and water and etc. run out but eventually get replaced if you can wait.

My room key stopped working twice, so I hiked back down to the lobby and stood in line to wait 20 minutes to get a person to come up to my room and reprogram the door.

Taxis line up just outside, but on the other side of the circle. Guests are invited to walk around all the auto traffic, through the rain, and line up while the taxi host hassles the drivers and slows them down. This creates a wait for taxis even though there was no shortage.

The Accor loyalty program is a whole different fiasco. They work hard to frustrate the accumulation of points with lots of rules and needless bureaucracy. I joined the club, but have yet to see credit for any of my stays.

Bottom line, this place is managed like East Berlin in the 1980s and the attitude comes from the top at Accor. You can wait in line for anything you need.

Room Tip: In Brazil, ALWAYS get a room as high up as you can get, for safety. This is one of the few hotels i...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business