“Perfect place to chill out”
Review of 3Dogs Hostel

3Dogs Hostel
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The hostel is well located, very close to the metro station Ana Rosa, in Vila Mariana. The atmosphere is nice, is like being at home, relaxed. They have a very nice courtyard and the people working there are very helpful (and all of them are travelers, so they know what people are looking for). I would say that this is the perfect place if you come to São Paulo for a congress, or for a course, or just to spend some days in a quite spot of Sao Paulo.

Room Tip: El Wi-Fi llega mejor al piso de abajo, pero a su vez son algo más ruidosas (aunque a partir de la me...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 11 June 2014

The stay at this hostel was very nice and different. I really liked it. There were a lot of nice people and the location was amazing. I would recommend this place to a person that knows nothing about Sao Paulo and needs a place to stay in a central location.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed 2 nights here, and it was a confortable place to stay, in a really safe place of the city, near to metro and bus stations. Hot water all day :) the staff has always a nice tip to tell you! I would recomend it!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Excelente Hostel, ótima localização, seguro, bom preço e staff que faz você se sentir em casa. Super recomendado pra quem quer ficar em São Paulo!

Great Hostel, nice location, safe, good price and staff that makes you feel like home. Highly Recommended for those who want to stay in São Paulo!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 February 2014

My overall feeling towards 3Dogs can be summed up in the fact that I stayed there a lot longer than I had originally planned. It felt like the kind of place that can become a home away from home, even if it's only for a short while. With that said, I'll let the rest of my review be down-to-business.

ATMOSPHERE: Friendly and warm. People seem to connect; they hang out in the back garden, go clubbing, and cook together. It feels like a pretty hip place without being an outright party hostel, and maintains a good mix of age groups. The staff knows about clubs, events and pub crawls going on around the city.

SERVICE: Hostels normally employ travelers who stay and work for a few months to then be replaced by others. This means it's always difficult to say something about the service which will hold true into the future. What I CAN say is that during my stay the service was excellent, and that the owners themselves are friendly and accommodating.

FACILITIES: First things first. Best breakfast I had on my South American trip (which lasted for most of 2013). Bread fresh out of the oven, jam, cheese, ham, eggs, fruit, coffee, tea, milk, drinking chocolate and home baked banana cake. Kitchen with stove, oven, microwave, fridge and freezer. Drinks, beers and wine. Good WiFi. My one gripe would be that there's no rec room with billiards, games, etc.

VALUE: Taking into consideration the metro close-by and the included breakfast I'd say you get a lot for your money.

CLEANLINESS: I'd put 3Dogs among the cleaner hostels I've stayed at. I appreciated that the cleaning help came early in the morning and seemed thorough.

LOCATION: Close to the metro, and a relatively central location. The neighborhood is quiet and safe. I never had any unpleasant experiences going to and from the hostel at all times of day, nor did I hear anyone else mention anything of the sort.

ROOMS: Nice selection of privates and dorms. Most of the private rooms have their own style and atmosphere that sets them apart from each other, and also makes them feel a lot more distinct than your standard, non-descript hostel rooms (of which I've seen enough to last me a lifetime). Lockers for your belongings. Even the small ones will comfortably fit your valuables.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Emil S
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Had a really nice time at this hostel. The location is excellent (5 min walk from Metro) and the place is funky but safe and secure. Great staff and the place just seems to attract friendly guests with a really relaxed and fun vibe.

We booked online and the amenities and pictures matched exactly as outlined - you get what you pay for and we were very happy with our choice. Comfortable beds, clean

It would be good if the staff wore badges (or a t-shirt or lanyard?) as they were incredibly helpful, pleasant and attentive, but it did take a while to work out who was an employee and who wasn't.

We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lee G
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I spent several weeks at 3Dogs hostel. The banana cake for breakfast was always delicious, and the people who work there are very cool. They have high-speed internet (which is awesome, because most hostels have really low wifi speeds). I also felt secure staying there because of the neighborhood, and there was a staff-member working 24 hours of the day.

Room Tip: Get an upstairs room. They are farther from the kitchen/common area so they are quiter, and they get...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo