Telstar Hostel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Villa Rosa Hotel(Sao Paulo)
  • Restaurant
Upper Hotel(Sao Paulo)
Bienal Suites(Sao Paulo)
  • Pool
EZ Aclimacao Hotel(Sao Paulo)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I spent 3 nights in this hostel and have to say it was probably the best one I stayed in during my 4 week trip to Brazil. The dorm I stayed in was really spacious and clean, the staff were friendly/helpful and spoke good English and the manager Fabio was brilliant with all his guests. I cant recommend this hostel highly enough you wont be disappointed.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We spent 2 days at Telstar Hostel and had a really great time.There's a real backpacker feel here - very social, some nights there are parties by the pool with good drinks and music. So if you're travelling alone you are sure to make friends here.

The staff speak English, breakfast was tasty and the main common rooms are spacious, clean and quiet if you have work to do or want to catch up on some reading.

There were days where the kitchen felt a bit untidy, or the remnants from the party the night before were still by the pool the next morning. Otherwise, we found it an ideal hostel if you're looking for a social vibe. It's close to Vila Mariana metro station too and in a nice residential area. If you're looking for a bit of privacy, there is a private room upstairs which is great.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I really enjoyed my stay there. Staff is there so friendly and helpful. Location was very nice, nearby Metro and 20 min walk distance from park. Pool was nice and small yard next to it. Every one has locker under bed, which was so huge, that all my stuff fitted there. First I was little scared, coz prize was so much cheaper than any else (with me New Year eve time), but when I went there I saw immediately it was better than many expensive hostels. And atmosphere was there really good, really easy know people. Also we had really nice party in New Year's Eve around the pool and in the pool.

Room Tip: Different between bigger and smaller room was not so big, just at smaller room was just couple people living all the time, so more peaceful.
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I had 5 nights here. Great place - so close to the metro makes navigating Sao Paulo very easy. Very friendly staff, bright and welcoming common areas and dorm. Very clean bathrooms and the hostel in general. During my time there were 3 parties there, but not sure if this is normal as it was quiet season for travellers, but great parties and lovely pool and poolside bar. Large luggage lockers under the bed keeps your gear safe. The owners and staff also very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room away from the pool, as you can get a bit of noise if there are people down there in the evening.
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Showed up at the door owner gave us a room by our selves for the four of us, and sorted out us getting food from his chief mate who came round the second night we stayed, very cool relaxed place. Breakfast wasn't that great, bread and a toasty with a slice of ham, had worst but had better.

• Stayed: June 2013