“Food was good but service was poor.”
Review of La Caballeriza

La Caballeriza
Ranked #717 of 38,371 Restaurants in Sao Paulo
Cuisines: Argentinian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Jardins
Warsaw, Poland
“Food was good but service was poor.”
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I have been there with my friends after having a nice vacation in Bolivia/Paraguay. I was not expecting something a super special service and extraordinary food - just a good steak and nice time.

Positive:
- steak was good (some of my friends said it was very good)
- salads were great
- desert was good

Negative:
- I really do not like when waiter forgets what I have ordered, there was one taking the requests and another one was serving them in the random order... while the first one was correcting him and overall they were causing mess on our table.
- I really do not like when somebody makes mistakes with the order: one waiter collects the request another one serves something different, the first one corrects him - strange.
- I really do not like when I have positions on the receipt that I have not ordered. No comments. Really? We paid 350 USD - can't you just focus for a while?

If service was better I will give 4* - I won't give 5* because food was not 'designed', if you know what I mean. Somebody below said: soulless, and I think that this is the best description. Good though.

• Visited July 2012

Campinas (SP)
“The flavor of Argentinean steak house, in Sao Paulo”
Reviewed 6 July 2012

It looks like a restaurant in Buenos Aires, but both services and beef are just acceptable.
Sao Paulo has many similar restaurants with better services and better beef. I've tried the Entraña, a cut that is not ease to find in Brazil and I was disappointed.
The great Argentinean beef deserves a better representative in Sao Paulo.

• Visited July 2012
“Souless food”
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I went to this restaurant for the second time, invited by a friend, and it has being the same, both times: uninspired, bureaucratic food. The ambiance is nice, and the address convenient, close to Av Paulista, but the food is just average. São Paulo has many good churrascarias and even some good argentine restaurants, but this is not one of them.

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank Sergiofreis
Sao Paulo, SP
“Argentina 2”
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Another place to eat a good meat, the place is agreable too

Sao Paulo, SP
“Excellent Argentinean barbecue”
Reviewed 24 December 2011

The place is a branch of an Argentinean restaurant and offers in São Paulo a very good barbecue. The service and installations are adequate. Quite expensive but it is fair.