“overhyped or wrong name....”
Review of Mori Ohta Sushi

Mori Ohta Sushi
Ranked #186 of 39,307 Restaurants in Sao Paulo
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Jardins
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I read all this wonderful and poetic reports about this restaurant, so we rushed today to go there and experience a new way of Japanese sushi cuisine. Well, to be honest - we could not find it. The staff is very friendly, the salmon (plenty-full) and tuna (also plenty-full) are fresh as is all the other food. Some taste combination with strawberries or other sweet flavors - i.e. the ginger, very good b.t.w. - are special indeed.
But overall this restaurant failed to excite us. We have eaten many Japanese restaurants around the world, but this one is not any where near to the top - to be honest. The choice of fish is rather limited and although i went for their house specialty menu - it failed to excite my taste. It is simply a good average Sushi restaurant with friendly staff - so nothing wrong with it, but by all attempts i could not see where the many other reviews found the special aspect here.
So it will remain a one off visit, despite that the fish/price ratio was amazingly good - big portions!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,560)

Reviewed 19 July 2013

Had the executive lunch which consists of 3 courses. With the waiter's help I chose the "Executive Combination" as the main course. The items were arranged in a very attractive way it all looked fresh and tasted great. The service was optimal and I felt that I am sitting among people who are enjoying their meal as much as I did.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

I can strongly recommend a visit to this restaurant when you want to take a break from the Brazilian meat dishes. I had a set of small dishes, which all were very tasty.

Reviewed 5 May 2013

You wont want to eat at your local Sushi place ever again this restaurant ruins it. It's amazing bothy the quality, range and details of the dishes served set a new level in Japanese food for me. You sit then they serve wave after wave of delicately prepared dishes that you may have never

Reviewed 4 May 2013

Nice environement (sometimes a bit noisy), but the food is fresh and good. I warmly recommend to have dinner at the sushi bar (don't know why, but the sushi and sashimi was better...).
Price is absolutely fair, especially if you get the "rodizio" Festival Mori. I usually spend around 100R$.