“Nice place to stay”

Staybridge Suites Sao Paulo
Ranked #75 of 326 Hotels in Sao Paulo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Very good hotel overall. Excellent service, very helpful and friendly staff, not too annoyingly over-helpful like you may find in other places.
Big, clean rooms, comfortable bed.
No hand-held shower, which is a real pity. At least, the water pressure was good.
The shower cube itself is rather small, not quite understand that, considering the amount of the space in the suite in general.
Kitchenette has small fridge, microwave and basic dining set - plates, utensils, etc.
The TV has good variety of channels, some are in HD.
The breakfast was certainly better than you would usually find in North America (well, you can hardly get worse anyway), but falls short of what you can find in Europe, especially Eastern Europe. Acceptable, no more than that.
The location was perfect for me - 3 minutes walk to the office, 5-10 minutes walk to all the shops and restaurants I needed.
Many here mentioned the noise. Well, on 19th floor there was not much of it. Interestingly enough, on a few occasions I could hear people laughing on the street and the passing cars were heard. It didn't bother me, but for more sensitive people it might get on their nerve, perhaps. That to say, it was quiet in the room, with some very rare ups. Probably, it's because sound gets somehow amplified in the narrow space between the skyscrapers that are all around in the area.
Overall, I was very pleased.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
SAOSB, Gerente de relações com clientes at Staybridge Suites Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Dear greycat001 ,

Thank you for staying with us and also for writing such a nice review.

We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service and hence are always very pleased to receive constructive feedback from our guests to ensure that high standards are retained.

It is great to know that you enjoyed our comfortable rooms, the facilities, and our location. We have taken your comments about the hand shower and we will review this issue.

I would like to mentioned that our breakfast is a complimentary service we provide to all of our guests.

It really was our pleasure to have you here with us. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 25 June 2013

Staybridge is a very nice hotel in Sao Paulo, and is in a great location - plenty of restaurants nearby, and generally feels very safe to walk around the area. The staff goes out of their way to help. Recommended!

Room Tip: Rooms on the "inside" that face the inner courtyard are generally quieter than the street...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mt7001
SAOSB, Gerente de relações com clientes at Staybridge Suites Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Dear mt7001,

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment about your stay with us.

We take great pride in the product that we are able to offer, and the customer service that we are able to provide to each and every one of our guests.

One of the many unique features of the Staybridge it's our location and easy accessibility to nice restaurants, bookstore, movie theater, cash exchange point, and much more.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your review and we all hope to hear from you very soon.

Staybridge Suites São Paulo Team

Reviewed 16 May 2013

Very nice hotel but lack of bar and decent restaurant is why I marked service as three.

Location is good which an open shopping mall as you walk out the hotel(cinema,Starbucks, etc) with plenty of security so it's nice and safe, also an Applebee American steak diner a cross the road - good food and English speaking staff which I am told is rare in Sao Paulo outside of hotels.

It's a shame the food in the hotel is so poor especially breakfast. During a 1 week stay the breakfast buffet every day was cold meats,tea/coffee, juice, breads, some yoghurt, garlic dough balls, and sliced hot dog in tomato sauce

Staff were attentive and hotel looks great.

• Stayed: May 2013
SAOSB, Gerente de relações com clientes at Staybridge Suites Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Dear Kendonaki

Thank you for your review concerning your recent stay.

It was a pleasure to know that you enjoyed most elements of your stay, like the suite and especially our location.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointment you had with our breakfast and we can assure you this issue will be reviewed for a better service in the future.

We do hope see you again soon, and if there is anything else you would like to tell us about , our Quality Manager, Marcel Marin would be delighted to assist you. His contact is marcel.marin@ihg.com

Kind Regards, Staybridge Suites São Paulo Team.

Reviewed 1 May 2013

This hotel is in a great location in a mega-city like São Paulo. It has a nice mall with movie theater and restaurants. There is also lots of security. And it is an area that is safe to walk around in after dark. Yet the hotel, which was above the average price for its type, was very mediocre. The rooms are large, but the furniture was worn, if not dirty. The bathrooms need modernization. The air conditioning made lots of noise. It took a visit to the lobby to get housekeeping to make up my room which was not ready by early afternoon. São Paulo really lacks good middle range hotels, but given the brand, I expected a much better kept hotel. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Given the upcoming global events - World Cup and Olympics - this brand could so better.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Johanna M
SAOSB, Gerente de relações públicas at Staybridge Suites Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2013

Dear Johanna M,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us.

It was great to hear you enjoyed our location and to know you felt safe.

It sounds like we fell below your expectations. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around.

We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our all our guests.

We do hope that we may have a chance to reaffirm your faith in the Staybridge Suites São Paulo.

Best Regards,

Staybridge Suites São Paulo team.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

..............First stay in this hotel within Sao Paulo and I am more than happy!

Hotel boasts 32floors and it's own helipad which is in use during daylight hours. So if you want to avoid the 2hr traffic jam in from the intl airport, google a helicopter charter to this IHG location!

My suite was a good size. Small kitchen area, desk & sofa, nice comfortable bed & bathroom. More tv channels than I care to remember too!

Staff speak perfect English and are very helpful. Only disappointment was the breakfast; sorry!

Court yard is also home to a Starbucks, German restaurant and numerous other restaurants too. All very convenient.

Would I stay again?.........definitely!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank _forevergreen_Uk
SAOSB, Gerente de relações com clientes at Staybridge Suites Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

_forevergreen_Uk

Thank you for your wonderful feedback regarding the Staybridge Suites São Paulo!

It is great to know that you had a great stay with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our location, service, and guestroom layout. We truly appreciate your kind recommendations to our property!

We regret that your experience with the restaurant was not consistently excellent and we are working with them to improve the breakfast.

We look forward to your next visit with us.

Best regards,

Staybridge Suites São Paulo team.

Reviewed 20 April 2013

The hotel is not a 4 or 5 star but neither are the prices. I traveled here for business and my room and everything in it were perfect. Great view up high. The staff communicated in English perfectly. No complaints and I would stay here again. The hotel is attached to an outdoor mall area with security and is very nice. This area of the city seemed upscale.

Room Tip: Stay on upper floors for good view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Marc W
SAOSB, Gerente de relações com clientes at Staybridge Suites Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Dear Marc W,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property

We are glad you liked our location and the view from your room.

We want our guests to have a pleasant and professional experience when interacting with our staff. Our team loves this kind of interaction and we're proud that you shared this feeling with us .

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

Checked into Staybridge expecting to have as good a stay as my last time some months ago(you can find my previous positive review if you click on my other reviews).

The stay started well, got a great recommendation from the hotel to have dinner at Galetos, which is at the back of the hotel in the plaza, 2 minutes walk from the hotel reception.
I dropped my bag and headed for the restaurant.
Galetos serves a great "Galetos chicken", which is their house special.
"Deshuesado" is the boneless, they also have a "Classic" option with bones.
The chicken was beautifully roasted, and had a wonderful taste.
My dinner companion shared that to the chicken tasted like it was "lovingly roasted on your own BBQ stove at home."

When I got back to my room, the drama started.
I had told the hotel reception that I was concerned about the low floor of my room because of street noise because I am a light sleeper.
They assured me that it would be ok and that there they had never had issues with the room.

I realized that my room was actually right by the HVAC generator of the hotel.
It runs for 25 mins and stops for 5 minutes all through the night.
Rooms 209-11 should get it the worst, but I imagine that rooms on the third(309-311) and fourth(409-411) floor should also be avoided.

I tried to tough it out, but when I could not stand it any longer at 230am, I called the night duty manager and asked for his help on the HVAC noise, and also for a change of rooms.
He promised to send someone to check on the noise on my room, but no one came.
After 30 mins of waiting, at 3am I packed up my stuff and went down to the reception.
When I got there, he gave me a lame excuse saying that he had sent someone who stood outside my door to check on the noise.
I asked for a change of rooms and he obliged, giving me the card for a room on the 19th floor.
When I got to the room on the 19th floor, I found out that the key card did not work, leading to a trip back to the reception.

When I got back to the reception, he asked the bell boy to send me to my room.
At this time the bell boy and him had a chat, and he realizes that the room is shut down for maintenance.
The night duty manager actually gave me the key card for a room that had defective plumbing.
At this point, he claimed that the hotel was 100% occupancy and now he could do nothing for me.
After my 30 minute wild goose chase around the hotel between 3-4am in the morning, I am back in my room with the HVAC noise.

I don't want to be unreasonable here.
Hotels sometimes have 100% occupancy, and not all hotel rooms are the same.
But when you rent a room that is problematic, you should inform the guest in advance and let them decide if they want to continue to stay at the hotel.
They could have offered to move me to another hotel, which I don't think I would have done, but at least it would have been my choice.

The night duty manager Carlos certainly did not do the hotel any favors.
If I had known that the room on the 19th floor was bad, I could have saved myself a wild goose chase.
I complained about my stay to the GM of the hotel the next day and they charged me half the room rate for the night that I had so much trouble.
It was not much, but at least they attempted to make good on what happened.

Overall, I am unable to recommend this hotel any longer.

Please indicate if you found this review helpful. Thanks.

Room Tip: The noise from my second floor room was akin to the engine noise on an airplane. Rooms 209-11 shoul...
Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Dover C

Dear Dover C,

Thank you for your review.

It is always disappointing to read a review where we have not lived up to expectation, particularly from previous stay guests. We are so sorry you had such a disappointing experience with us.

We appreciate you brought these issues to our attention and we will certainly look into them.

This is something that needs our attention. When things do go wrong with a stay, our top priority is to ensure that our guests feel that the complaint is dealt with and that they are assured the concern raised will not happen again.

Once again, thank you for your feedback to helps us improve our service.

Staybridge Suites São Paulo Team