“Very good business hotel”

Pullman Sao Paulo Ibirapuera
Ranked #7 of 321 Hotels in Sao Paulo
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
San Antonio, Texas
“Very good business hotel”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Have stayed numerous times at this hotel and have always had a pleasurable experience. The front desk staff is always friendly and helpful. The morning breakfast buffet is always very good and the selection of items plentiful. The rooms are comfortable although the closer you are to 23 September road, the noisier it gets. Overall: very good.

Room Tip: The rooms are quieter toward the back of the hotel (even room numbers 72-82)
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Korean first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 11 May 2014

As a fellow hotelier, I don't normally post negative reviews as I understand how TripAdvisor can be very subjective. After my recent stay in Sao Paulo, however, I feel like I need to warn the business traveler against wasting their money in a hotel like this. Being a business hotel, you would think that they understand what business travelers require during their stay: international plug adapters, flexibility of check-in/check-out, wi-fi that actually works, housekeeping service that is efficient, ability to answer your questions at the Front Desk. I must say, that in my recent stay, NONE of these were true and I just went through headache after headache. For the price you are paying at this hotel, you should receive all of the above. Be careful and seriously consider other options.

4 Thank David A
Pullmansp, Guest Experience Manager at Pullman Sao Paulo Ibirapuera, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Mr. Arraya,

We are sorry that our services did not exceed your expectations.

We understand that you were very disappointed about the DHL deliver. In fact, our teams have never been informed about it. Unfortunately, nobody was notified in advance that you would permit us to pay this posting without you here.

There were some fees to be paid and we needed your authorization to appropriately receive it. However, we really tried to assist you according this unexpected circumstance, doing everything we could.

It is totally our intention to restore your faith with our hotel services. You are going to be positively very welcome every time you visit us!

Respectfully,

new york
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I stayed at the Pullman this past Sunday and Monday and was attending a business conference. The banquet staff were great and friendly and attentive.

the restaurant needs some changes in menu items and the wait staff service was the weakest in the hotel.
The front desk was somewhat efficient but had the "look up syndrome" which means look up when a guest approaches the front desk do not ignore them until they have to speak up also a friendlier demeanor at the front desk would make this business class hotel even better.
I felt rates were about 20% too high but we all know Sao Paulo is expensive.
Hats off to the business center and the woman who was on duty Monday you did a great job and helped me in the most gracious way. I am sorry GM that I do not have her name Thank you for being so helpful with a gentle Brazilian smile,
Bateso

Room Tip: get a high up floor great views
Fairfax Station, Virginia
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I was visiting Sao Paulo along with my parents after a cruise, and we had two executive floor rooms. We spent two nights at the hotel. We all agreed it was a great hotel.

The rooms are large and nice. They are furnished in a very stylish, modern way. The bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom is great with a large rain shower and window into the room. The design of the room is excellent for a very comfortable stay.

I also liked the location very near Ibirapuera Park, a huge park that is great to walk around. All the receptionists were very friendly at the Pullman, and Flavio, the bellhop, very helpful in getting a driver to take us to Guaruja after we checked out.

The food at the restaurant was superb.

The price was excellent with the Accor loyalty card. The hotel seems to cater to many businessmen and airline employees, but I recommend it for tourists as well.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Pullmansp, Guest Experience Manager at Pullman Sao Paulo Ibirapuera, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Guest,

We are glad you and your parents had reserved the special executive floor rooms for your stay with us. Thank you for that great review! We are delighted that you enjoyed our friendly Welcome Desk services, especially highlighting the Welcomer Flávio!

Yes, regularly we do receive many business and leisure clients. We really appreciate your special and important remarks. We will look forward to welcoming all of you very soon!

Cordially,

Montreal
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Since Sofitel closed some years ago in Sao Paulo, it's the only "upscale" hotel i found from the group of hotels Accor in the area.
The "executives" rooms are nice. Especially the suites.
Note that the suites are big rooms with a bed + sofa but are not two closed rooms.

Front desk client welcoming could be somewhat improved.

This Hotel is a good value if you fin could price on the website & want to stay close to Ibirapuera.

Room Tip: Executives rooms & suites.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

We are very happy you had made your reservation with us, since the Pullman brand represents the upscale hotels from Accor Hospitality.

If you could contact us to detail what exactly happen about our welcoming procedures, we positively appreciate it! We understand it will allow us to accurate and improve our processes regarding this service.

We certainly hope you come to visit us during your future business or leisure trips.

Cordially,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I often travel to Sao Paulo and have stayed in different hotels. But none was to my satisfaction until I stayed at Pullman, recently in april'14.

Their are few things which are very important for me, when I go to any hotel and I have listed them right at the top of my list of positives .

Postives :

1. Free Internet included in the room price. Thats a first for me in Sao Paulo. Hotels like Hilton, Hyatt etc thrive on making money by charging on the internet service. Pullman has two options of free internet and paid internet. Paid internet gives faster speed. But I used the free internet and it was good enough to watch You tube videos.

2. Hot water - Very good flow of instant hot water in the bathroom. In my last stay at Hilton Sao Paulo, i struggled to have hot water in my room despite paying 500 usd/night.

3. Front Desk - Super polite gentlemen at the front desk. They are humble, helpful and have no arrogance. 10/10 to them for their good manners. In my last stay at Hilton, the front desk behaved as if they owned the hotel !

4. Restaurant inside the hotel - I just had one meal in the restaurant. A lamb burger. It was super and very delicious. Highly recommended.

5. Gymnasium - Though I never used it. I did go to see it. It was quite big with lot of different machines, barbells, dumbells, cardio machines. Excellent.

6. The alleyway had a nice plush feel while walking to the room.

7. Room seemed quite noise free. I dod not have any problems with the noise .

8. Plenty of elevators. One never had to wait too long for a elevator to arrive.

9. Lot of taxis standby in the hotel area available for one to go anywhere. very polite, trust worthy drivers.

10. My room on 7th floor had beautiful view of the park.

11. Good location of the hotel in central part of the city.

Negatives

1. The room and the bathroom were not too big. I had taken the cheapest room..called the superior room. However, I do not consider it a big negative.

2. The towels were a bit old and not very fluffy. I would request the hotel management to consider upgrading the bathroom towels for the shower.

3. The housekeeping was a bit bullish in the morning. I had displayed a "do not disturb" sign but it was not respected and they were trying to use their key and enter my room. They could not because I had put the latch from inside. Management is requested to train their housekeeping staff to respect 'do not disturb' sign at all times and not to try to force their way inside.

4. I had use the hotel phone to make some local calls. The bill seemed a bit on the high side.

I never ate the breakfast, so can not comment on it. Breakfast is not included in the room price.

Overall, I plan to ignore these negatives and continue staying in Pullman for next few visits unless they do something really stupid to make me change my mind.

Room Tip: As for a park view on a higher floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business