“A great place for the business traveller”

Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel
Ranked #7 of 326 Hotels in Sao Paulo
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I stayed for ten nights with access to the executive club on the 23rd floor. The hotel arranged my pick up at the airport, which worked perfectly and I was given my room early as I arrived at the hotel about 9:00AM. The executive floor staff are great and the club has an excellent breakfast as well as snacks all day long and a great evening cocktail hour with ample food. You'll never go hungry or thirsty. I had a corner room which was very quiet and comfortable. The hotel's gym and spa are top of the line. Lots of machines to work out with and a staff person to assist you. Hotel security is excellent and the Paulista neighborhood is the place to stay. There are many shops and restaurants and a Metro entrance one block from the hotel. The Jardins district with high end shops and fine dining is a short walk down the hill, but a steep walk back. All in all this is a great hotel in the best area.

Room Tip: The extra large corner room is called "Madison Suite" and includes access to the executive...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Andrew B
RenaissanceSP, Manager at Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2012

Dear Guest,
We were delighted to receive your review and positive comments about the Club Lounge and its facilities, which are exclusively offered to the executive floor guests. I would like to take this opportunity to mention that this apartment category offers, in addition to breakfast and an evening happy hour with snacks and beverages, wi-fi internet and 1 hour complimentary in one of the Club lounge meeting rooms - all included in the daily rate!
Thank you again for all the compliments to our service and facilities! We look forward to welcoming you back again!
Vanessa Martins | Director of Operations

Reviewed 13 July 2012

Very good location next to Avenida Paulista. Kind staff, good service. I particularly enjoyed the complimentary hot drink brought to my room every morning after the wake-up call. Comfy bed and armchair. As a whole the room looks a bit like in need of a face lift...
The food in the restaurant is OK.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us!
We believe that waking up with a hot coffee by the door is a way to make our guests feel at home. We are glad to hear you were able to enjoy that!
Also, I am happy to say that we have a rooms refresh scheduled to happen before the end of 2012, and that very soon we will have upgraded rooms to be discovered by our valued guests!
We hope to see you again soon at the Renaissance São Paulo Hotel!
Vanessa Martins | Director of Operations

Reviewed 2 July 2012

This hotel is located on a very exclusive part of the city but is worth paying to have the peace of mind that you are safer than in other parts of the city.

The staff at this hotel was great. They all spoke perfect English and were tremendously helpful. The rooms offer an american 110 plug on the desk and a volt converter in the closet for you to move around your room.

The airline lost my bag and the staff at the hotel provided complementary toiletries and send a town car to pick up my bag at the airport the next day so that I didn't had to wait.

The Wifi pricing is not different than what you would pay in other places but gives you access to 5 devices, so create a username and password if you are planning on using your laptop, phone and tablet.

Sao Paulo is a tremendously expensive city and this Hotel is no different but the location gives you access to walking distance restaurants and stores where you can find everything you need for a fraction of the price. The Concierge did an amazing job of recommending me great places to eat that where close by and with great prices.

If you have any problems at this hotel don't be afraid to express your issues as I am sure they will tend to your every need to make your stay a pleasant one.

Room Tip: You don't need to pick a high floor to stay away from the noise at night since the location is o...

Dear guest,
We are thrilled to read such positive comments about your stay at the Renaissance São Paulo Hotel!
We greatly appreciate your complimentary remarks regarding our staff’s performance and the hotel’s great location, especially regarding our concierge, that in the Renaissance we call navigators. They are always in the know of what is happening in the city and they are experts in the local area!
We look forward to welcoming you back again! Next time you come you can try our Signature Massage at the SPA, an option to relax after a busy day in a big city like Sao Paulo!
Gil Zanchi | General Manager

Reviewed 25 June 2012

Since my first review, I have stayed another two times (March and June) and the service and room quality continue to be top notch. Things are still crazy expensive in Sao Paulo, but the hotel is very good.

In a response to my previous review about the slow elevators, Management answered that they have fixed the problem, and I am happy to substantiate their reply. The elevators are all working fine now ...

Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Dear guest,
Thank you again for your comments. It is great to know you chose us once more when visiting Sao Paulo, and returned to our hotel. I will let the staff know about your review and compliments to the service!
We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel very soon!
Gil Zanchi | General Manager

Reviewed 24 June 2012

My husband and I had a stop over in Sao Paulo during our honeymoon. We were there for less then 24 hours and really did not have anything planned. Because of the helpful staff of the Renaissance Hotel it wound up being one of our favorite parts of the trip! They made us reservations for two of the best restaurants in the city and gave us fantastic suggestions on how to spend our limited time there. When they found out we were on our honeymoon they bent over backwards to make sure our time with them felt special and it did! We can't say enough great things about this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your great comments about our team of “navigators”. They are experts on the local area and they were the ones who took care of your restaurant reservations and provided tips so you could “discover” the city in a short visit!
We are very happy to hear that we were part of a great honeymoon!
Claudia Raposo
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 18 June 2012

My room was very comfortable and clean with a mini bar that I used for soft drinks purchased elsewhere. The area is quite nice, with many restaurants and shops within walking distance. The swimming pool is very small and gets crowded quickly. The hotel breakfast is good, and the staff is happy to make ice tea if you ask. There's an inexpensive pizza / pasta place next door that's not bad.

I got a corporate rate of $199 USD, and I believe that was a reasonable rate. However, I would have been disappointed if I had paid the normal rate, which was much higher.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2012

This hotel is dated and was definitely not 5 stars. I did not appreciate the fact that I had to pay for WiFi ($43 per day) as the daily rate was high enough. The hotel was nice and central. Breakfast was good and the staff were friendly. The sushi bar was excellent - worth a try! The chef at the sushi bar gave us a complementary platter which was great.