“The place to stay in Sao Paulo” 5 of 5 bubbles

Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel
Ranked #6 of 322 Hotels in Sao Paulo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Stamford, United Kingdom
“The place to stay in Sao Paulo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

This was my 5th trip to Sao Paulo in 3 months but my first stay here. Previously I had stayed at the Hilton. That was good but the Renaissance is great! When I arrived (early in the morning) I was put into a room that had just been renovated. When I came back to the room that evening I realised how much the room smelt of paint. I talked to the staff and they immediately moved me to another room that was fine.

The hotel is very well equipped - fast wireless throughout and great public areas. The main highlight is the Executive Lounge. The staff there are just superb and cannot do enough for you, especially Lais who made me feel like I was at home every time I went to the lounge. This culture runs throughout the hotel - every staff member from the bellboys to the gym staff is friendly, welcoming and helpful. The location is excellent, just one block from Avenida Paulista.

1 Thank Paul_Livingston_UK
RenaissanceSP, Manager at Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel, responded to this review, 23 September 2012
Dear Mr. Livingston,
Thank you for your review and comments about your recent stay. Your words have been transmitted to the entire team, and especially to Lais at the Club Lounge. If business keeps bringing you back to Sao Paulo, our location in the neighborhood of Jardins is very convenient to explore a little more about the city, its wonderful restaurants and stores just around the block! Knowing that you enjoyed our Executive Lounge as if it was home, makes us very proud and happy. We hope to be able to continue to welcome you again soon!
Gil Zanchi | General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

Great vibe in lobby. Rooms are clean, well done, and rather spacious. Plenty of plugs. AC worked great even on higher floor. Internet connectivity was reliable and fast. Had dinner at lobby bar which was very good, as was the breakfast buffet in the restaurant. Convenient location to government sites.

1 Thank gfp76
Dear guest,
Thank you for another great review about the Renaissance São Paulo Hotel, it makes us very proud to know you keep returning and approving our services and facilities! Since you made a comment about our "great vibe lobby", I want to take this opportunity to share with you that our Living Lounge Bar has just released a new calendar of "R Life" events - featuring local DJs, live jazz bands, sports events, happy hours and much more. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
Gil Zanchi | General Manager
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

I share the previous contributors experience of the ongoing renovations which is certainly something to be aware of at present if staying at this hotel. That said, the newly refurbished rooms are very comfortable and user friendly. A big plus is the electric window blind which completely blocks out the outside world, its like having eye shades on without the discomfort of the elastic!

The health club/gym is one of the best of any hotel I have stayed in. Attached to the gym is 'Bytes' cafe where for the health conscience you can indulge in an array of fresh smoothies, or, reintroduce some calories back with a tempting cake or six!
Service from trainee staff here very attentive, always smiling and very helpful.

Room service menu is not so good! Very limited choice and the worst french fries I have ever had! Needs a serious re vamp here!

In room internet charges are a rip off! Totally ridiculous for hotels to be charging such a premium for what can now be classed as a very basic low cost facility to provide to guests!

Location is good with many local restaurants and shops. Just be careful out there! Good street cred needed as opportunistic crime is always a concern!

Room Tip: Lower floor as possible for refurbished room away from noise of mid level rooms!
1 Thank doubar
Horsham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

Just returned from another visit to this hotel. The good news is after improving the hotel lobby and surrounding public areas they have now started on the bedrooms. These are now bright and modern however due to many of them having just been done some still smell of paint. There is noise from 8am until 4pm with banging and drilling going on. Most rooms are effected by the noise. They started from the lower floors and are working their way up so I was informed. They are currently on the 10th and 11th floor (15/09/12). You could tell the staff are fed up with guests complaining and requesting room changes so if your looking for a restful stay I suggest to stay at the top of the hotel or look for an alternative until the work is complete. There are over 20th floors so the work will be going on for sometime I feel. I was on the 3rd floor and was woken each morning between 8 and 8.15am.

Room Tip: Avoid until the work on the bedrooms has been completed.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank horshamsussex
RenaissanceSP, Manager at Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel, responded to this review, 1 October 2012
Dear guest, thank you for your review. We are very happy to know that you found our new rooms to be bright and modern! Our renovation will be complete in 4 weeks (by the end of October), and we are very excited about the new furniture and amenities that each room is receiving.
We have been preparing carefully for this event and we are committed to making it seamless and with no disturbance to our guests. I truly apologize for the inconvenience that happened during your last stay.
We look forward to welcoming you again to our hotel!
Vanessa Martins / Director of Operations
Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

Hotels in Sao Paulo are no bargain - they are expensive by any global measure.I went looking for something that would provide value for money, particularly given the premium pricing in this city.

The Renaissance offered that little bit more. For not that more than the standard room rate I was able to book a room (with a AAA rate) on the Executive Floor.

My only criticism of the hotel was a painfully slow and tedious check in. Despite what appeared to be an abundance of staff, only one was dedicated to check in and after waiting almost 10 minutes it was my turn. The proceedure ought to be relatively straight forward - it was not. By the time I had my room key and was one my way - but it was 20 minutes after arrival - in my view not good enough for a hotel of this calibre. I must admit that this didn't create the best of "first impressions".

My room however was large, well equipped and very comfortable with a pleasing view out over the skyline of the city.

Having paid for lounge access I was pleased with its size, the friendliness of the staff and the availability and quality of the food available. It also afforded some wonderful places to work quietly or to sit and relax. A well designed and efficiently staffed centre and well worth the extra dollars paid for the priviledge.

The location is very good. I am a very poor shopper, but on the occasions that I do head out I hope that I will find an abundance of shops within easy walking distance that will enable me to get what I want quickly and efficiently. The Renaissance met that test well with many quality shops within a handful of blocks. i was impressed by the quality and the service of the shops that I entered - and too my pleasant surprise I bought the 2 items I wanted.

The only thing to point out is this part of Sao Paulo has gently rolling hills and whilst it is an easy walk down, some may find, in heat and humidity the walk back up a little uncomfortable.

Overall, once I looked past the inefficiency of the check in procedure I was well pleased with what the hotel had to deliver and would be pleased to stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Geddes_7
Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012

This is one of the best Hotels in Sao Paulo. The impressive lobby is a friendly meeting place. The beds and the linen are good quality and the bathrooms modern with shower and bath. I liked the bidet in the bathroom. The Hotel is situated near the Ave. Paulista. It have a cambio (money exchange) in the basement. Staff are friendly and courteous.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Hannes D
Bournemouth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2012 via mobile

Good Hotel but refurbishment happening at the moment. Very noisy with drilling and hammering. Get a room above 14th floor.
Not cheap but it is a 5* Hotel in the heart of Sao Paulo.
Breakfast buffet is fab. Staff fab.
Tea and coffee in room flatscreen tv. Lovely bathrooms.

• Stayed September 2012