“Friendly and helpful staff made the difference during my stay.”

Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel
Ranked #7 of 326 Hotels in Sao Paulo
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 29 September 2012

The look and feel and quality of the hotel was very much the same high standard as other Renaissance hotels that I have stayed in in other cities. All members of staff in this hotel deserve an extra special mention; always welcoming, with smiles and ready to help. From Nina on reception who gave me recommendations on what to do locally (including a discount voucher for a massage in the spa!), through to the team in the business centre who helped me to print out and staple handouts and name badges for an event I was hosting in the hotel... DHL Brazil returned my package to the UK that contained the materials I needed for my event, so I had to find an alternative solution. Highly recommended overall.

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed 27 September 2012

I come to Sao Paulo often when I transit through to Rio where I have a place.

I prefer to stay at the Renaissance. The service is impeccable and the location perfect for me.

The only issue for me is their rates. Yes, Sao Paulo is expensive but many times the rates here are not within any budget except those on expense accounts. So when the rates are reasonable, and often they are especially with their weekend rates, I stay here. Otherwise, I stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scott_Lombok
Reviewed 20 September 2012

This is one the best hotel experiences I've had in a while; all Renaissance employees at this property were exceptional, from the curbside attendant to the check-in personnel, everyone was extremely pleasant and focused on your needs. Despite an initial issue with reservation, the front desk personnel was able to resolve it promptly and with a smile. While waiting, they offered me a refreshment (nice touch). It is clear that the employees are empowered to take care of the guests. congratulations to the management on a job well done.

Room Tip: The hotel is undergoing some renovations. Be sure to as for a refurbished room. Enjoy!
Reviewed 20 September 2012

This was my 5th trip to Sao Paulo in 3 months but my first stay here. Previously I had stayed at the Hilton. That was good but the Renaissance is great! When I arrived (early in the morning) I was put into a room that had just been renovated. When I came back to the room that evening I realised how much the room smelt of paint. I talked to the staff and they immediately moved me to another room that was fine.

The hotel is very well equipped - fast wireless throughout and great public areas. The main highlight is the Executive Lounge. The staff there are just superb and cannot do enough for you, especially Lais who made me feel like I was at home every time I went to the lounge. This culture runs throughout the hotel - every staff member from the bellboys to the gym staff is friendly, welcoming and helpful. The location is excellent, just one block from Avenida Paulista.

1  Thank Paul_Livingston_UK
RenaissanceSP, Manager at Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2012

Dear Mr. Livingston,
Thank you for your review and comments about your recent stay. Your words have been transmitted to the entire team, and especially to Lais at the Club Lounge. If business keeps bringing you back to Sao Paulo, our location in the neighborhood of Jardins is very convenient to explore a little more about the city, its wonderful restaurants and stores just around the block! Knowing that you enjoyed our Executive Lounge as if it was home, makes us very proud and happy. We hope to be able to continue to welcome you again soon!
Gil Zanchi | General Manager

Reviewed 17 September 2012

Great vibe in lobby. Rooms are clean, well done, and rather spacious. Plenty of plugs. AC worked great even on higher floor. Internet connectivity was reliable and fast. Had dinner at lobby bar which was very good, as was the breakfast buffet in the restaurant. Convenient location to government sites.

1  Thank gfp76

Dear guest,
Thank you for another great review about the Renaissance São Paulo Hotel, it makes us very proud to know you keep returning and approving our services and facilities! Since you made a comment about our "great vibe lobby", I want to take this opportunity to share with you that our Living Lounge Bar has just released a new calendar of "R Life" events - featuring local DJs, live jazz bands, sports events, happy hours and much more. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
Gil Zanchi | General Manager

Reviewed 17 September 2012

I share the previous contributors experience of the ongoing renovations which is certainly something to be aware of at present if staying at this hotel. That said, the newly refurbished rooms are very comfortable and user friendly. A big plus is the electric window blind which completely blocks out the outside world, its like having eye shades on without the discomfort of the elastic!

The health club/gym is one of the best of any hotel I have stayed in. Attached to the gym is 'Bytes' cafe where for the health conscience you can indulge in an array of fresh smoothies, or, reintroduce some calories back with a tempting cake or six!
Service from trainee staff here very attentive, always smiling and very helpful.

Room service menu is not so good! Very limited choice and the worst french fries I have ever had! Needs a serious re vamp here!

In room internet charges are a rip off! Totally ridiculous for hotels to be charging such a premium for what can now be classed as a very basic low cost facility to provide to guests!

Location is good with many local restaurants and shops. Just be careful out there! Good street cred needed as opportunistic crime is always a concern!

Room Tip: Lower floor as possible for refurbished room away from noise of mid level rooms!
1  Thank doubar
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Just returned from another visit to this hotel. The good news is after improving the hotel lobby and surrounding public areas they have now started on the bedrooms. These are now bright and modern however due to many of them having just been done some still smell of paint. There is noise from 8am until 4pm with banging and drilling going on. Most rooms are effected by the noise. They started from the lower floors and are working their way up so I was informed. They are currently on the 10th and 11th floor (15/09/12). You could tell the staff are fed up with guests complaining and requesting room changes so if your looking for a restful stay I suggest to stay at the top of the hotel or look for an alternative until the work is complete. There are over 20th floors so the work will be going on for sometime I feel. I was on the 3rd floor and was woken each morning between 8 and 8.15am.

Room Tip: Avoid until the work on the bedrooms has been completed.
1  Thank horshamsussex
RenaissanceSP, Manager at Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2012

Dear guest, thank you for your review. We are very happy to know that you found our new rooms to be bright and modern! Our renovation will be complete in 4 weeks (by the end of October), and we are very excited about the new furniture and amenities that each room is receiving.
We have been preparing carefully for this event and we are committed to making it seamless and with no disturbance to our guests. I truly apologize for the inconvenience that happened during your last stay.
We look forward to welcoming you again to our hotel!
Vanessa Martins / Director of Operations