“Lovely hotel in a very good location !”

Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel
Ranked #6 of 321 Hotels in Sao Paulo
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel in a very good location !”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I have booked the Renaissance in Sao Paulo, as I am a Platinum member of Marriott Rewards and like the good offers they have.
The hotel is located one block from Paulista Ave and one block from the Consolacao underground station (I have not used the underground as I was a bit scared).
There are many restaurants and shops near the hotel and I felt quite safe walking, even at night.
The service in the hotel is amazing !
I had a room upgrade and because of the Platinum status I had access to the Executive Lounge.
The service in the Executive Lounge is very nice. The reception in the Executive Lounge is very good always happy to help you in whatever you need.
We got to the hotel very early morning and was ready to wait until the afternoon for the check in, but they asked me to wait in the Executive Lounge and the room was ready soon after breakfast.
I cannot remember the name, but the lady that used to serve the breakfast was lovely, every morning she knew what we wanted and always smiling.
I had breakfast and evening happy hour and the quality of the food was very good !
The view from the Executive Lounge and from the room was lovely and a nice sunset.
The hotel is very clean and reception always happy to help.

Room Tip: Ask for room that has a nice view of Sao Paulo.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
RenaissanceSP, Manager at Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Dear London Guest,
How can we thank a Platinum Member for such a great review?
I must say we are flattered with your words and that you were able to enjoy the service provided by our staff at the Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel.
Location is really important to our guests, and as you mentioned, being one block from Paulista Avenue, makes the hotel’s location very good not only for business but also to enjoy Sao Paulo like the “paulistas” do. Next time you are here, be sure to ask our team of Navigators for tips on where to go. They are local experts and are always in the know about what is happening in the city.
Vanessa Martins | Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 16 August 2014

This was my first trip to São Paulo. I felt very safe in the area of the hotel. Service was consistently excellent!!! The breakfast was part of our rate ....spectacular!!! The lobby level had quiet and lively areas, depending on what you needed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
RenaissanceSP, Manager at Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Burlington Guest,
I really appreciate your kind words on your recent stay at the Renaissance São Paulo Hotel!
Our staff is happy to know about the “excellent service”, as this is the main goal of our day!
The hotel area is not only a safe neighborhood but also trendy! Located at the heart of São Paulo it is the perfect place to discover something new during your visit. On your next opportunity, stop by our navigator and they will guide you through the best ones!
Hope to host you again soon,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I've stayed in about 20 hotels in Sao Paulo. This is by far the best.

Negatives out of the way first though. Internet at US$18 a day is absolutely outrageous. Yes it covers five devices, but why any hotel thinks a data connection is any less of an essential than hot water and clean towels is beyond me. And bottled water in the room for R$12 is outrageous too - you could provide one or two for free.

Spa is small and really nice, but the spa pool water is too hot and the sauna is too cold, with no-one around to adjust it.

Similarly breakfast is great, but with so many staff standing around chatting to each other instead of seeing if your coffee needs a refill.

Asking for a late checkout was greeted with a very strong No by Andrezza on reception. I don't think I've ever had an outright refusal from an upscale hotel before. Pity, as the other reception staff were great - despite totally messing up my reservation on arrival.

All that said, everything else about the hotel was great, The room was spotless, well-appointed and with a very comfortable bed. The bathroom had a big bath as well as a large separate shower.

I'd highly recommend the hotel if you can get a decent deal on it instead of Marriott's outrageous public rates.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear London Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion with us.
I am glad to learn that the Renaissance Sao Paulo is the best hotel you've stayed in the city!
I also noticed that we failed to meet expectations at some points throughout your stay, and for that I am truly sorry. I have personally shared your feedback with our management team and we will work to improve the future experiences.
On your next visit to Sao Paulo, feel free to reach my office and we will be glad to assist you with the reservation and having the best rate available.
Best Regards,
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I have stayed at this hotel over a hundred times, and for good reason. As is always the case, the people at the São Paulo Renaissance Hotel were professional, exceptional and first-rate individuals whom truly operate at the highest level of their profession. Each individual is committed to make one's stay as enjoyable as possible. There are numerous individuals who have been at the hotel since my first stay and everyone is as fantastic as I remember and the new people were just as polite and excellent. Additionally, the hotel has been completely renovated. The lounge and the rooms were and are now absolutely exquisite. The São Paulo Renaissance Hotel was already the cleanest, well-staffed, friendliest, nicest, most debonair Renaissance I have stayed in across the World, but now, it is clearly on a level that should place it as the prized hotel of the Marriott Hotel Corporation. Every stay always feels like home and the staff works very hard to convey that sentiment. The São Paulo Renaissance Hotel is the ONLY hotel to stay in while in São Paulo while on business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Every room is fantastic. I have stayed on numerous floors and in various rooms, all are essentially...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear Philadelphia Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers about the Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel!
I am glad to learn that you had such a good experience during your stay! Our team of ambassadors were also thrilled to read your review and asked me to say “thank you!” on their behalf.
On your next trip to São Paulo, save some time and enjoy one of our RLife Live events, where you will be able to discover local talent in music and taste the best “caipirinha” in the city!
Gil Zanchi | General Manager
New York City
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at the renaissance while travelling on business. I found the room to be very comfortable. The welcoming fruit plate was appreciated. The room was not too large but the lounge chair with desk was perfect for a travelling professional who wants to relax but still has to do emails! The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was clean and well appointed.

I had both lunch and breakfast in the restaurant both of which were fantastic. Next time I will start with dessert first!

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
RenaissanceSP, Manager at Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear New York City Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel!
The guest room at the Renaissance was made thinking on the modern business travel.
We do know you arrive looking forward to lie back and relax, even though you need to keep working. I am happy we were able to provide you with that!
Next time your plans bring you to São Paulo, be sure to save sometime and try the “Renaissance Signature Massage” at The Spa at Renaissance. It is performed with Amazonia passion fruit oil and heated soaking towels, surely a good way to end a productive day.
We look forward to welcoming you again to the Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel!
Herriman, Utah
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed here for a week of business in Sao Paulo. This property is immaculate. It has a great vibe. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. Everyone was very attentive and made sure my stay was comfortable. The room was well appointed. The bed was comfortable. My room had a separate bath and shower.

The food in the restaurant and the lounge was great. The staff will make fresh caipirinhas in the lounge after 5. They brought in fresh fruit and made your choice of mango, watermelon, pineapple or the traditional lime.

I would highly recommend this property to anyone staying in the city.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Rexah
Dear Utah Guest,
We appreciate your kind words on the Renaissance São Paulo Hotel.
Our staff work daily to assure guest satisfaction and I feel happy to know you were able to enjoy every moment with us.
The Executive Lounge, located on the 23rd floor, is indeed a very special place available for our club rooms and suites guests. Here you can enjoy complimentary breakfast in the morning and the happy hour in the evening, which includes the local famous caipirinha, snacks and the greatest view of São Paulo skyline during sunset. A must do while in the hotel!
Gil Zanchi | General Manager
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel and was very happy with my experience during a business trip to Sao Paulo.
- Great location (close to Paulista Avenue)
- Walking distance to multiple dining locations (by the way Sao Paulo is one of the best places I've been to in regards of dining)
- I checked in at 4am and the front desk staff was superb
- Nice and modern rooms

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
RenaissanceSP, Manager at Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Gabi,
I am happy to read your review about the Renaissance São Paulo Hotel.
It is good to know that our rooms were up to the standards you expected and that your late (or early?) check in was superb. The night team also liked to know!
Have you already downloaded the Marriott app on your smartphone? By using it you can have on-the-hand access to your reservations and also enjoy the mobile check facilities! Just stop at the desk, pick up your keys and start discovering the city!