“One of the good experience I had in Brazil” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Comfort Hotel Downtown
Ranked #66 of 322 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Singapore, Singapore
“One of the good experience I had in Brazil”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

this is my first stay in Brazil, I thought it was comfortable and OK at first, until I have been traveling in the rest of Brazil, especially at the north, I then realised how great this hotel is, that comfy bed, that speedy wifi (most hotels have slow wifi or no wifi at room eventhough they claim to have). Room is clean, spotless, I slept so well.

Breakfast was between average to good. Most staffs are just average except an African-Brazilian young lady whose smile could melt the world, who greeted everyone at the endtrance of breakfast. the guy who checked me in was super friendly and helpful, he spoke good English and taught me how to pronounce "Republic" in Portuguese. This hotel is at Republic area.

streets outside could be scrappy, many homeless reside there, this is out of hotel's control.

Over all I will come back to this place in a heartbeat, no frills, clean, straight forward, smooth experience.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
San Salvador, El Salvador
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

The room was nice, clean, comfortable and quiet. The Staff were not very friendly but not rude either. over all a great and awsome stay at this hotel. I traveled and stayed here in 2010 and I am traveling again this year 2012.
This Hotel is RECOMMENDED!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GGERALCHD, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Downtown, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Pedro.

Thanks for helping us and choose the Comfort Hotel Downtown. I hope I have the opportunity to welcome you again and be able to thank him personally.

San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

İt is a good value for maney in the busttling part of the city of sao paulo. İt is cheap. This hotel generaly is camfortable but staff coul be more polite

• Stayed April 2011
4 Thank Louren S
Louren

Brasilia, DF
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2011

The bathroom is dirty (use your flip flops to shower), the walls have mold under the curtains, the paint have fallen off in some parts, the towels are old (some with a couple of holes) and the room is dirty (specially in the corners).
The front desk is kind and efficient and the hotel is near to a subway station.
There is free parking if needed.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Paula N
Paula

I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for informing suffered, we are renovating the hotel, is a time consuming process but we are working on improvements. I am at your disposal to do what is necessary.

Valencia, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2011

Stayed here for four days in May 2011 on a business trip part of a large group.

Arriving early in the morning didn't phase them: room ready and indeed straight into breakfast (it was that early) as they held the room overnight and hadn't cancelled booking. OK: had told them in advance. Very busy front desk but staff were helpful and some spoke English or Spanish.

Room was perfectly OK. High enough up to avoid any street noise but still with oxygen. Two double beds; very good size room, easy to walk around and clean. Bed firm and comfortable.. excellent mattress. Nice full size sofa Not a great view but it gave a flavour of SP.

Bathroom. not quite up to the same standard: looking tired with limited "extras". If one improvement needed it is to the bathrooms.

Had slight scare on last morning when I managed to lock passport and tickets into the room safe and not be able to open it. I really wonder why I bother with those small safes. Anyway the services guys turned up; worked on it and finally drilled out the lock with a speeddrill and panic over.

Wandered up to the roof: fantastic views and was sorry to not have stayed longer to use the rooftop pool.

Walked around the neighbourhood, felt safe. Great street art!

Can see why the hotel gets such a good rating.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
KontikiLondoner

Columbia, SC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

After using this site for years to filter out hotels for business trips (and leisure), I have rarely (maybe only once) been disappointed with a high ranked TA hotel that I stayed in. However, just based on the rating for this one hotel, I am beginning to question the wisdom of that (or at least will be MUCH more wary of ratings in the future).

I understand how the site works, it's not the TA management assigning rankings here, it's actual customers. BUT, to indicate, no matter the formula, that this particular hotel is 5th best in SP is just ludicrous.

I am not even going to go into many details, because there wasn't really one specific point of discontent for me....just that the entire, overall experience was crappy. From the awful shower fixtures, to the worst beds I have ever slept on in my life (single, mind you), to the nasty carpets, dirty walls, and horrible hall colors...I can list 10 hotels off the top of my head that are so much better than this one, and not much more expensive.

The location, for business OR pleasure, IMO, is downright bad. This is in the middle of a terrible part of downtown, with drug addicts and hookers surrounding the hotel. Basically one of the red light districts (maybe that explains the high rating? Businessmen like it for their nooky fix?)

I HOPE this is just one more anomaly in TA ratings, but certainly I would suggest management take a good hard look at the positive reviews on this one.

Business travelers, don't even think about this one. I was even embarrassed to tell my clients who asked where I was staying this time!

Room Tip: My best tip to get a good room: stay elsewhere
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank edderdz
Edder.

Pleasanton, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2011

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. The room, the service, the food, housekeeping, laundry service, and the location were excellent. The hotel has a restaurant that offers free breakfast and your choice of menu items or buffet for lunch and dinner. There is even a small grocery store right across the street.
The neighborhood is just OK, considering you are located in a very large city. Safety concerns are that of any major USA city.
You can reach the hotel from the airport (GRU) via the Red & Blue airport bus for only 33 Reals.
I highly recommend this hotel for both business and vacation travelers.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business