“Excellent option in Sao Paulo”

Novotel Sao Paulo Morumbi
Ranked #40 of 326 Hotels in Sao Paulo
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 15 June 2011

The hotel has been renovated recently and is a great option when in Sao Paulo. Great attention to details, comfortable and quiet room. Good shower pressure, good sized rooms. The downside is the location, nothing can be done walking, hotel in the hillside and you will need a cab to go anywhere, but hotel is close to a major highway and traffic not so bad in the surrondings of it. It is a 5 minute cab drive to Morumbi shopping, or to Berrini Avenue or WTC building and D&D Mall. Great breakfast and helpful - and well trained - staff.

Room Tip: Ask to have view to the pool side!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank PedroM0

Reviewed 13 June 2011

Charging 440 BRL (275USD currently) per night is just insane. There is absolutely nothing here that is done in a way that would justify this price range. Supply and demand perhaps, but there are certainly 3-star hotels in town (just stayed in one last night) that clearly delivers far superior experience than this hotel and at 50% of the cost. The room is uninspiring with the bathroom being in a closet like arrangement. You can clearly hear the conversations in the next rooms - you can in-fact hear people peeing. The minibar is a total rip off. 9USD for a smallest pringles chips can. The pool looks dirty. The area is not inspiring for going for a stroll. And I could go on.

The room seems clean and I am sure that the various amenities that make the 4-star requirements are there, but at the price point it's just ridiculous.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 May 2011

The right and necessary to be comfortable in a hotel. Everything OK. No more.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 6 April 2011

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Familie D
Reviewed 10 March 2011

I usually stay at Novotel chain because its rooms can accomodate 2 adults and 2 small children (mine are 3 and 6 yo). Thus, I was very happy that the W.C. and the shower were separate rooms. Some other pros I do remember are: Flat LCD TV with articullated wall mount and antinoise window.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank mcarvalho98
Reviewed 28 February 2011

Even taken a small room, our time there was nice.
The hotel and the room were very clean, the staff was very helpfull and the breakfast was wonderfull.
I will go back, is I have something to do near to the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank João L
Reviewed 24 February 2011

The hotel is a modern, clean looking structure - my intial impression was quite good. the service is terrible and attendants seem to instictively prefer to argue with clients rather than take their work and try to solve problems. More details below.

Checking in took a long time , the desk clerk kept stopping to answer questions by walk-ups. Once in my room, I could not get the A/C to actually cool and called the front desk. Since we were leaving, I locked my valueables in the hotel safe and mentioned to the hotel manager they could repair the A/C while I was gone.

When I returned, no one said anything to me but again the A/C did not work. It actually only produced heat so that a room that started out at 25 C was 28 C after a few minutes. Frustrated, I went down to reception to ask to be moved to another room. The young woman attending tried to convince me I did not know how to use the A/C and that I had set it on high. After some arguing, which was unpleasant, they agreed to send someone to my room. I was waiting in the lobby when they informed me they had already tried to fix it but could not and would I like to change rooms.

I picked up all my belongings at 1130pm and moved to another room, but could not open the safe. I asked the front desk for help but they told me I had to wait 30 minutes. I waited, staring a static on the TV because the cable went out, and then called them. They said I should try my code again. I told them I feared this would freeze the safe up again and after some arguing, still unpleasant, they sent a technician. By the time he managed to open the safe it was almost 1 in the morning and I was very frustrated.

When I mentioned all of this during check-out the desk clerk told me I should respond to the email survey, that the manager would be sure to read it.

On the good side - breakfast is nice and the public spaces, while not ostentatious or particularly unique, are pleasant and open. In particular the restaurant which has great views.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends