“Relatively New. Not good Value for Money.”

Novotel Sao Paulo Morumbi
Ranked #47 of 325 Hotels in Sao Paulo
GreenLeadersGold level
Brasilia-DF
“Relatively New. Not good Value for Money.”
Reviewed 18 June 2013

PROS:
Hotel is a relatively new one, design with new paradigms in the industry (such as bath separate from toilette room). It has wood floor (excellent for allergic) flat TV (cable) and working desk. Space is enough if you are alone in a business trip. Silent central A/C and a nice view to the new bridge of the Pinheiros River. Free shuttle for the Mall. Staff is good.

CONS:
Hotel is located in a residential area, across the river, so there are no facilities within walking distance. Internet connection is slow and everything apart from the room rate is charged separately, what makes you bill higher.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank DinhoAlves
NicoleBumagny, Gerente geral at Novotel Sao Paulo Morumbi, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
Dear Mr. Dinho Alves,
We would like to than you for your comments regarding Novotel São Paulo Morumbi.
At Novotel we offer rates inlcuding breakfast and rates that do not include so our guests can chose. The wifi connection is free.
We will check what happened with the wi fi connection due to the problem you mentioned.
At a walking distance of the hotel, you will find supermarket, Drugstore, Japanese, restaurante, Pizza Bar, Chinese Restaurant. In order to give more comfort to our guests, the hotel offers free transfer (any place 05 km from the hotel).
Best regards,
Nicole Bumagny

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Korean first
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 9 June 2013

At my arrival I was informed that there were no rooms available for me, despite my reservation was confirmed. They sent me to another lower quality hotel and they charged me the full tariff.
I arranged a taxi transportation ath the hotel front desk. Taxi never arrived.
Shower has a poor draining system, so the bathromm flooded every time.

Room Tip: Try another hotel...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
NicoleBumagny, Gerente at Novotel Sao Paulo Morumbi, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Dear Mr. Enrique G.,
We would like to thank you for the evaluation of your stay at Novotel São Paulo Morumbi. We apologize for the inconvinience.

if the answer sent this morning though Medallia - Accor evaluation system - has not met your expectations, please let me know.

Mukilteo, Washington
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Stayed here for about a week as part of a business trip.

What was good:
- Staff was friendly and spoke English well enough to communicate, except for one night in the restaurant.
- Rooms were clean
- Outstanding water pressure. So much better than American hotels.
- Location is excellent, with a little bit of land around it. Pretty rare for downtown Sao Paulo. Good views of the area.
- One of the better hotel gyms I've seen in a standard hotel (had a universal machine in addition to standard cardio equipment).
- I liked the breakfast; more options than I expected.

What wasn't so good:
- Very basic rooms; it has a modern European style, which I don't like very much. Just a matter of personal taste.
- I found the bed to be uncomfortable. Very firm for my taste. Other people might like that firmness more.
- Wifi was inconsistent, although when I did have it, it was fast enough for VOIP calls.
- Poor value. Sao Paulo is one of the most expensive cities in the world for hotels, but still pretty pricey for what you get.
- Dinner was not that great, pretty expensive.

All up, I would stay here again. I've stayed in far worse.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Germany
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I stayed there to join a conference in The Grand Hyatt which requested triple (compared to the Novotel) room rates for the selected time. The room was well designed and clean, however, I personally didn´t like the sheets on the bed too much.
Breakfast buffet was O.K. with, however, disappointing "juice" quality. It was nice to sit outside the breakfast room near the pool and enjoy the morning sun.
A taxi ride to the Grand Hyatt was about 10 Minutes and < 10 Reals.
Parking the car was about 36 Reals for 36 hours, again much cheaper than in the Grand Hyatt. I recommend this hotel to everybody looking for a more "budget" kind of hotel in the Morumbi area. However, nothing seems to be really cheap in Morumbi.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Barcelona
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I am Le Cub Accor Member and I go to Novotel around the World when I go for business. I was at Novotel Morumbi for 7 days, due Business in April 2013

During my stay I got 150 Eur stolen in My Room, and I reported to the Staff. The Hotel checked at the Cameras but obviously no record is taken place inside the Room. Very dissapointed with this issue. I was told that in maximum 3 days I would get an answer...but took 1 week, and because of my Reminders. No action was taken and I left without my Money.

Please be careful with your belongings in Novotel Morumbi.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank BarcelonaXavi82
NicoleBumagny, Gerente geral at Novotel Sao Paulo Morumbi, responded to this review, 12 June 2013
Dear Mr. Xavi,
Thank you for taking you time to tell us about your stay at Novotel São Paulo Morumbi.
We would like to thank you for your e-mail.

We did check our security system and we did not find any anormality.

There is a safe box in every room for the security of our guests. As we do not register any request of maintenance on your room during your stay, we do understand that the safe box was working properly.

Due to this situation, the hotel is not responsible for any objects or values left outside of the safe box.

Best regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I stayed in this hotel as the I normally stay at close to my office was full. The rooms are clean but very small and basic. The free internet throughout the hotel is always welcome

The location is not great however there were always plenty of taxis at the hotel door.

The best part of the hotel is the location of the pool and bar which commands some lovely views of Sao Paulo.

Breakfast was ok although perhaps a little expensive.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Atlanta
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Good hotel for business people. Excellent outdoor pool and workout room. Wireless internet is poor, but a cable can be provided for in room high speed. Water in shower warm, but not real hot.No restaurants in walking distance.Rooms are small, but well equipped.Good housekeeping.Good staff.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business