Hotel Grand Mercure Sao Paulo Ibirapuera
US$77
US$69
Melia.com
  • Pool
H3 Hotel Paulista(Sao Paulo)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$76
US$70
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Mercure Sao Paulo Pinheiros Hotel(Sao Paulo)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$80
Travelocity
  • Pool
US$127
US$109
  • Breakfast included
EZ Aclimacao Hotel(Sao Paulo)(Great Value!)
US$41
  • Restaurant
1,398 results
All reviewsibirapuera parknice hotelbeautiful parkrooms are spaciousexcellent breakfastfitness centerboulangeriepaulobusinesstennisbrazilfixturesparquesupermarketkettleplugssauna
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 July 2013

This hotel has the best staff. I went to Sao Paulo because of my work, but I had a few days off in which I was practically alone. The staff helped me to create an itinerary, helped me to get a low-cost guide and really cared for me, because when I arrived late at the hotel they were concerned about the fact that I was alone. Actually what I love with the hotel was the staff.

Within the internet, Wifi really is terrible, I had to be connected by cable forever but never failed and I was looking forward to being in the pool and it was always in maintenance or already closed, that I really disliked this fact

Very nice room, overlooking the city and watch TV in Portuguese helped me to practice.

Actually, for me, an excellent hotel

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Alejandro G, Gerente geral at Hotel Grand Mercure Sao Paulo Ibirapuera, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Dear Ale R,

Thank you for your comments about your stay with us.
We are always trying to get over our guest’s expectations and provide a remarkable stay in all aspects! It’s extremely gratifying to us know that our main goal has been gotten.
Our room and common areas were decorated with only one goal: Provide to our guests pleasure and comfort during their stay. Some of our rooms have a special view to Ibirapuera Park and that makes a difference when you need to relax. We feel very pleased that you had time to learn our language.
We are renovating our internet devices to better assist our guests.
The maintenance of the swimming pool is already concluded. For sure the next time you visit us you will be able to enjoy it.
It will always be a pleasure to welcome you back more often in our hotel!

My best wishes,

Reviewed 27 June 2013

This is a nice hotel, with excellent size rooms and a nice view. It is near Ibirapuera park but unless you hire a car everywhere you go, it is impossible to cross any of the streets. I went to visit the park in the afternoon, and when I cam back it was just impossible to get across the street. Believe it or not, I had to take a taxi just to be able to cross to the other side.

Room Tip: You will need a car, or be ready to take taxi every time you are out of the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank CarlosRicher

Dear Mr. Carlos Richer,

Thank you for taking your time to let us know about your experience at Mercure Grand Hotel.
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the room and also the view from Ibirapuera park.
We are located in front of an important avenue and because of that there’s no zebra-crossing in front of our hotel, but close to us there’s a bridge where you can safely cross over to the other side.
We are hoping to have you back as a Mercure Grand guest in são Paulo.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Stayed at this hotel on a business trip in Mar 2013 for 4 nights. The rooms were acceptable - had no trouble getting a good night's sleep. The breakfast buffet was quite good and offered reasonable choice. The location next to the Ibirapuera park is great for joggers and walkers.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2013

This hotel is certainly worn around the edges. There was a musty smell in my room when I checked in. The furniture in the room was a little scuffed and the laminate on the floor was poorly laid in. It did not help that the room was poorly lit even with all the lights in the room turned on.

I was disappointed by the fact that it did not have an iron in the room despite advertising itself as a business hotel. The water in the shower was also tepid for the days that I stayed at this property.

Internet was free at the hotel and was about average in terms of speed.

The gym was exceedingly difficult to find with no proper signage in the hotel directing one to the gym. You have to go to L2 and head towards the pool. Next to the pool there is a small flight of stairs(see photo attached) which you have to go down and which brings you to the gym and 2 tennis courts. The gym is pretty good with about 6 pieces of cardio equipment and a good selection of weight machines and free weights.

The sole redeeming quality of this hotel is the food. The breakfast is excellent(see photo) and the french restaurant(see photo) was also good. I dined in the french restaurant on the 2 nights that I stayed here and I had an excellent seafood risotto the first night and a beautifully rendered crispy skin panfried salmon on the second.

Overall, it does not appear that any care has been taken to maintain this property. It has some great French touches, but does not live up to its potential.

If you have found this review helpful, please indicate. Thank you.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Dover C
Alejandro G, Gerente geral at Hotel Grand Mercure Sao Paulo Ibirapuera, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Dear Mr. Dover C,

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Grand Hotel Parque do Ibirapuera. I am sorry that your experience have not met to your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Some of our rooms are being remodeled, regarding to Mercure Grand standards. We are changing the laminated floor and painting the rooms. We have strategic lamps in the room for a comfortable and relaxing stay.
Regarding security procedures, we do not have iron in the rooms but we have laundry service for assistance.
We are changing all internet cables and routers to get better internet connection, as we know nowadays it is one of the most important services we can provide in a hotel.

We are also providing better signs in our common areas, so the guest can reach all facilities easier, and, as an alternative, we have an external access to the fitness center.

It’s very nice for us listen from our guest their opinion about our service quality. For sure we will share your compliments about the breakfast and the restaurant and we have shared with our team your opinion about our hotel.

We hope to receive you in the near future to change all your concerns and welcome you back.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

Kept Sofitel's nice style. Internet and room service slow. Dont understand why they dont upgrade these. But all the atendees are very polited. The hotel is clean, quite stylish and offers a good deal in terms of cost. Not so far from Congonhas.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Dear Taskster

We would like to thank you for sharing your opinion about Mercure Grand Hotel Parque do Ibirapuera.

Certainly, internet access is one of the most important services we can provide in a business hotel and regarding to our guest convenience, we are improving all devices responsible for internet connection.

Your comments about room service were reported to our entire team, so then we can guarantee an excellent service to all our guests.

We are pleased to know that our team provides a great service to our guests.

Thank you Taskter once again for reviewing our hotel and we hope to welcome you back in a close future.

Kind regards,