This hotel has a lot of potential, it has a nice location close to the city airport, and has an attractive lobby and drive up appeal. The rooms are also OK, if a little dated. It just does not seem well run. Here is a list of problems we had (3 of us on a recent business trip):
The check-in process was painfully slow. When we arrived there were two agents checking in, but one of them decided it was important to walk around behind the counter shuffling papers than to welcome the new guests and check us in. By the time I was checked in we had been there for almost 25 minutes. Then one of my colleagues got stuck in one of the 3 creaky elevators and had to be extracted out of a half open elevator stuck between floors. I waited 15 minutes for an elevator to arrive. The wifi logging on process is complex and required several calls to the front desk for all 3 of us until we were finally logged onto a painfully slow internet. My colleague tried to get an iron and ironing board which never showed up, and my toilet plugged up and it took all day to get it working again. The hotel does not exchange money but happily gives you cash, adding it to your bill with a 20% charge, which they neglected to mention when they cheerfully offered this service. The bar is run very inefficiently, with long waits for service and it was impossible to get any bills because the system was having problems. We had to wait for checkout to have any concept of what we were being charged for our after dinner drinks.
The ingredients for a nice property worth frequent visits are there. It just needs someone to get the staff more passionatly focused on the details of running a world class business hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Grand Mercure Sao Paulo Ibirapuera Park is considered one of the most upscale hotels in Sao Paulo, combining the international experience and a local touch with sophisticated and personalized services. Located 3.1 Miles (5 km) from Congonhas Airport, 21.7 Miles (35 km) from Guarulhos International Airport and next to Ibirapuera Park (green area in Sao Paulo), it also enjoys easy access to the city's main financial areas: Paulista, Berrini, Av. Brazil and Faria Lima. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grand Mercure Sao Paulo Ibirapuera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Sao Paulo Hotel Sao Paulo
- Accor Sao Paulo
- Sao Paulo Sofitel
- Grand Mercure Sao Paulo Ibirapuera Brazil