Former Sofitel then turned Mercure Grand now Grand Mercure. Is aiming at 5stars, however still has a long way to go -more of a good 4 star hotel. Even at rebranding event one elevator was in maintenance - it looked like blocked already for weeks, not days. Lobby impressive (from Sofitel times). Rooms are nice and spacious for SP . Housekeeping is weak. Careful since rooms can be smelly from smokers although officially non smoker hotel. Location is central, however there is the need of a car or taxi to reach any reasonable shopping or restaurant. Nothing in safe walking distance. Even to Ibirapuera Park you will need a taxi. Breakfast is good, however seems overpriced at 49 R$. A french Boulangerie as alternate option is within the hotel. If there are special offers around 150 USD its worth trying out. At full fare you can find better hotels in SP.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Grand Mercure Sao Paulo Ibirapuera Park is considered one of the most upscale hotels in Sao Paulo, combining the international experience and a local touch with sophisticated and personalized services. Located 3.1 Miles (5 km) from Congonhas Airport, 21.7 Miles (35 km) from Guarulhos International Airport and next to Ibirapuera Park (green area in Sao Paulo), it also enjoys easy access to the city's main financial areas: Paulista, Berrini, Av. Brazil and Faria Lima. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Odigeo, ACCOR, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Mercure Sao Paulo Ibirapuera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Sao Paulo Hotel Sao Paulo
- Accor Sao Paulo
- Sao Paulo Sofitel
- Grand Mercure Sao Paulo Ibirapuera Brazil