“Slick service, business focussed”

Grand Mercure Sao Paulo Ibirapuera
Ranked #44 of 323 Hotels in Sao Paulo
South East England
“Slick service, business focussed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed during the refurb in January but despite this service was good and no noise from the renovations. Very good for business as great facilities. There was a problem with my collegue's booking and this was sorted out quickly and efficiently.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Alejandro G, Gerente geral at Grand Mercure Sao Paulo Ibirapuera, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Orchardsa,

I am glad to know that we were able to respond to your expectations.

It is a great honor to be known by the service provided by our team during our guests' stay. What a great comment regarding our staff members!

Our location is good with so many things to see and visit. We are surrounded by great parks and also near to the local airport.

Once again we want to thank you for your review and it will be a great pleasure to welcoming you soon.

Best regards,

Alejandro Geis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Turkish first
Minyama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

This property would be a solid 4 or 4.5 stars in Australia. Clean and very large comfortable rooms! Own coffee machine in room! Great pillows and firm bed. Breakfast was very nice! Fresh fruit and coconuts with coco water available. Great location right beside the park... Lovely for walks and great view.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Alejandro G, General Manager at Grand Mercure Sao Paulo Ibirapuera, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear JVSukkarieh ,

Thank you very much for taking part of your time to write a review about our hotel!
It is a great honor to be known by the service provided by our team during our stay.

Regards,
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

As a crew member for a major airline , I have stayed in many hotels during the past 25 years. I can say that the hotel has one of the best staff , attentive , helpful and friendly. The rooms are quiet and clean. Fantastic breakfast.
The staff at front desk always greet me with a smile and try to fulfill my requests. Just want to say thank you all for my pleasant stays.
Highly recommended......
As a reference, the hotel was chosen by Brazilian World Cup soccer team for their accommodation during the games.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Alejandro G, Gerente geral at Grand Mercure Sao Paulo Ibirapuera, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Luis F,

What a great comment regarding our wonder that make you feel like home.
It is also a great joy that you enjoyed our Staff!

Once again, Luis F, we want to thank you for your review and it will be a great pleasure to welcoming you soon.

Fortaleza
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

the hotel is very well located..and cheap for sao paulo..very clean..good service..however the beds are simply horrible..no double bed available so was given a twin room.. the box bed sags and shakes alarmingly..a stiff neck is guaranteed..clean toilet and good housekeepnig

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Alejandro G, Gerente geral at Grand Mercure Sao Paulo Ibirapuera, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Sumeetbr,

Thank you for your review. Your feedback plays an important role in better understanding the perception of our customers and we truly apologize for the negative experience you had in our room. Regarding our room, due to renovation in our hotel rooms, unfortunately the delivery time had to be extended, but please rest assured that we are taking actions to speed our renovations and delivery and also our new bed.

On this stay we failed, but, we hope you can give us another opportunity. Please contact my office on the occasion of your next stay so that we can repair this bad impression that you had. I hope to welcome you again on your next trip to Sâo Paulo.

Alejandro Geis– General Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

Very good Hotel in Sao Paulo. The location is good, could be little better, close to Ibirapuera Park. The room is very spacious, clean and comfortable. Hotel staff very helpful and with inattentive. Food was is ok (Best Breakfast Value for money).
There is many activities that you can do in the note: Tennis court, Fitness Center, Swimming Pool and a lovely Bakery.
I'been many time in the hotel and the quality is increasing.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Alejandro G, General Manager at Grand Mercure Sao Paulo Ibirapuera, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Dani K,

It was a pleasure to read your review. Thank you for your recommendation to TripAdvisor travelers. Your kind words strengthen our commitment to providing authentic hospitality and to offering sophisticated accommodation for business, relaxation and leisure in the city.
I would like to take this opportunity to present our loyalty program LeClub, in case you are not yet a member. It offers exclusive benefits to our loyal customers, such as complimentary nights, free upgrades and much more. Our team of receptionists will be delighted to assist with enrollment on your next visit. We are at your disposal for future needs in São Paulo and hope to welcome you and your family very soon.

Regards,

Istanbul, Turkey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Hello to the all visitors. I stayed 3 days here. I need to say the stuff is so friendly,helpfull,so polite. The location is nice,you can go to the famous park ibirapuera,15 minutes by walking to the metro station. The breakfast was really weak,unfortunately there were just few kinds. You need to have fruits to get full. I tried the hamburger and it was so nice in the lobby. You should try that one. The room was large,but out of fresh smell. I used my parfume at least. I liked the small balcony. Ask for the room which has a balcony. The wifi service was so strange. All rooms have a wifi machine but it was also so weak. I stayed next to the door to be online. I called the front desk and nobody opened the phone,which was really so shame...I tried 3th time and someone opened it soon. I asked the receptionist to advice me some good bars,he sent me to a street which had just 3 bars and nothing more... I couldnt get the name of him and couldnt see him again. And the worst thing which made me shocked was the laundy service!!!!Even i fulled the laundry form , they bring me a wrong shirt and even i called and told them this,they were so so slow to fix this problem. That was why i was late to my pick up time from the hotel!!!I leave my shirt and left!!!So you guess what i felt! Hope nobody will have these bad situations there. Enjoyy the Sao Paulo

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Tturk61,

I would like to thank you for your review and for complimenting our location recomendations places near by.
I apologize for the inconvenience you had.
If you have any other suggestion, I kindly ask you to get in touch with me by the email
h0578-gm@accor.com.br, it will be really important to our improvement.