“Nice feel, but below average, overprized”

Golden Tulip Paulista Plaza
Ranked #25 of 326 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I just came back from a 5 day stay in Sao Paulo. I know the Golden Tulip from Amsterdam and had a very pleasant stay there. I was less impressed with my stay at the Golden Tulip Sao Paulo. The rooms are very average, rather small and the location is in a bit shady area. Although close to the Paulista Avenue, it's located in a bit shady area. The receptionists are friendly, but not all. Also for breakfast it was like begging to get service or attention from the cook who makes the omelets and the servicing staff in general would never great you with a hello or goodbye.
Internet was indeed a challenge. It was like you needed to sit in a certain area of the room to get connection and even if you did, it wasn't reliable. The beds were hard and pillows very small. I've stayed in nicer hotels for a lot less money.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tripadvexpert
Marc B, Gerente geral at Golden Tulip Paulista Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2016

Dear Guest,
First of all , I would like to thank you for your review of our hotel and say it was a pleasure to welcome you . Even with the time passed since been with us for the first time for us is extremely important to know the experiences that our guests and clients have with us. We apologize your stay was not so pleasant , as we are used to providing to our guests. Be sure that all the points raised were treated in order to correct and adjust our operation. I would like to say That It will be our pleasure to welcome you again in our hotel When there is an opportunity for you to attest some the improvements .

Reviewed 5 June 2013

Been staying here for a week during the Hospitalar Exhibition days... First night was a nightmare... At 5h00 my neighbour above or beside me decided to take a shower which woke me up and made me sit up in my bed wondering if he or she was taking a shower in my room with the door wide open... (Room 1624)
The following morning I went to the reception and they gave me another room on the 10th floor which was very quiet. Had to do the moving myself, no any help offered. Nevertheless thank you reception for giving me another far less noisy room.!
Rooms are OK, basic really, not excellent. Bathroom is very small, no shower gel... All in all I give this place 3 stars.
Breakfast during the exhibition was so so... All other days it was OK. No espresso in the land of coffee, too bad…
The restaurant is very good and I can recommend it! Dining “a la carte” is not so expensive and the quality of the food is excellent! The lunch buffet of Sunday (brunch probably) was also great and exceptional value for money.
Across the street by the way is a very famous restaurant "Baby Beef"... Excellent food but very expensive!
The hotel for me is a three star place… Oh and before I forget, rates for the Football World Cup start at 1.400 Real… OMG!

Room Tip: Higher floors are close to a rooftop heliport so mind the noise!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
First of all , I would like to thank you for your review of our hotel and say it was a pleasure to welcome you . Even with the time passed since been with us for the first time for us is extremely important to know the experiences that our guests and clients have with us, I hope you have returned to our hotel after your first hosting but anyway , I would like to say on behalf of our staff That It will be our pleasure to welcome you again in our hotel When there is an opportunity for you to attest some the improvements .

Reviewed 12 May 2013

I stayed here for 5 days and the room was clean, the service friendly and I had everything's needed. My only need was coffee without chocolate and I could get it most of the time in the little coffee shop inside the hotel. I liked the room and all the staff was very helpful and most spoke English

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
First , I would like to thank you for your review of our hotel and say it was a pleasure to welcome you . Even with the time passed since been with us for the first time for us is extremely important to know the experiences that our guests and clients have with us, I hope you have returned to our hotel after your first hosting but anyway , I would like to say on behalf of our staff That It will be our pleasure to welcome you again in our hotel When there is an opportunity for you to attest some the improvements .

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I stayed here on my recent visit to Sao Paulo, The place is very nice, neat & clean. The staff is very courteous. They have very nice breakfast in the morning. A must to start your work day. This is one of the few English speaking Hotel in Sao Paulo.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 24 April 2013

Was not impressed with the check-in times. I arrived from a European flight around 7:30AM and was informed that I could not check-in until 2:00PM. Thankfully, after waiting for a couple of hours, a room became available. There are no really comfortable seats to wait in while a room is found for you.

The room was small, but comfortable and the WiFi was good. The bathroom was a little old. The fitness centre was great and I liked the fact that the running machines are on an external balcony overlooking the pool - it is nice not to have to train in aircon. The pool was good too, if a little chilly, although it would have been nice to be able to buy drinks and snacks at the poolside.

The breakfast buffet as good, and so was the lunch buffet. For the price, this Hotel did not seem good value. However as it was my first visit to Brazil I am not really able to offer any comparison.

Room Tip: Rooms on the lower floors are accessed from an internal passage that overlooks the lobby area, and t...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 April 2013

The hotel is situated next to the main streets of SP - Avenida Paulista & Rua Treze de Maio. Rooms are clean, quite big and quiet - it's not really common in Brazil. Bar downstairs serve great drinks and it's nice place to meet with your friends or clients. The only con was lack of the swimming pool.
A lot of great restaurants are stuated around the hotel (like this one on the other side of the street, I forget the name).

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 25 March 2013

Stayed for a 4 day business trip, for the price its is very average, I booked a deluxe room, which definitely wasn't ! I complained and got moved to another room, but the only difference was a pair of slippers and dressing gown ! The bathrooms are small, and old, the internet was patchy at best. But, the food was good, nice buffet breakfast with lots of choice, and evening meal a la carte in the restaurant was excellent.

They are building opposite so it is very noisy during the day. Good location though close to bars and restaurants.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the back
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business